House rule: Nekima revised

Sybaris

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, didn't know you could do that.

You can. Every model is within x" of itself and has LoS to itself (though Twisted Thoughts are an action and do not require LoS at all, IIRC; It would be relevant for a Spell though).

You cannot target yourself with an attack and what is an attack is well defined in the Rules Manual. Twisted Thoughts happen to be regular action and not an attack at all, so she can target herself as much as she wants.

• 2 months later...
Of course in my The Perfect World the changes will be bigger: Nekima will be Henchmen and will have a ability to transform Blood Counters into Soulstones (or use BC instead of SS).

This could be interesting. Lilith with Blood from Stone and Nekima with Stone from Blood? Zero action, Niekma can sac 2 blood counters instead of discarding a soulstone. Somehow word it so that she can't build up the soulstone cache, just spend her BC instead of using a stone.

Sorry for the tease, but in the meanwhile, feel free to test this.

Played a game using these rules with nekima and I have to say, you should write rules for wyrd!

Thanks, i am glad you like it ;)

To be fair, this ruleset does make her "physically" stronger than she was...but i think it glues to the fluff nicely. The area i am not sure how the balance feels is when she is used in conjunction with another master, there could be some loopholes here and there. Other than that, i am quite satisfied of the results.

I don't believe they hold back on it because it is a metal kit or because it is one of the more challenging models to build. Most of the range is still metal, after all.

I don't know why they hold back on the update, really...but i assume they just want to get it right for what they want the model to do on the board. Imho it is long overdue though...and the sooner the better of course.

Nekima, as a character in the world of Malifaux, has a huge potential for future development (i do believe and hope that i am not the only one seeing this). She could evolve to be a henchwoman or even a master very easily, her rivalry with her sister just opened the niche. Her stories and references clearly imply at someone growing in influence rapidly and independently, and her appearance clearly refer to a figure of authority.

With Hamelin done and fixed, Nekima is the only other model mentionned specifically for revision in last year's large FAQ release. So we know it's coming...just a matter of when.

I don't believe they hold back on it because it is a metal kit or because it is one of the more challenging models to build. Most of the range is still metal, after all.

I don't know why they hold back on the update, really...but i assume they just want to get it right for what they want the model to do on the board. Imho it is long overdue though...and the sooner the better of course.

Nekima, as a character in the world of Malifaux, has a huge potential for future development (i do believe and hope that i am not the only one seeing this). She could evolve to be a henchwoman or even a master very easily, her rivalry with her sister just opened the niche. Her stories and references clearly imply at someone growing in influence rapidly and independently, and her appearance clearly refer to a figure of authority.

With Hamelin done and fixed, Nekima is the only other model mentionned specifically for revision in last year's large FAQ release. So we know it's coming...just a matter of when.

We know for a fact that Hannah is a Freikorp special model in book 5. What if book 5 is a new henchmen book and they're waiting on Nekima's revision because she'll be Special Forces (Nephilim)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just read this and am excited. I love her fluff and I think the model has the potential to be one of the most visually impressive models in the game. (also one of the most annoying to assemble)

I honestly think that she was fine when irresistable was cheatable. I played her a lot back then and it made her survivable at the cost of cards from your hand. It forced choice. I think keeping that mechanic and maybe dropping her cost a stone or 2 would have been a good move. Her biggest disadvantage I experienced was that my opponents always took "kill protoge" when I used her and announced it. This forced me to limit her in combat. It was automatic. As soon as they saw the model come out of the case, "kill protoge".

All of this being said, thanks for your work. I hope they make her a master/henchwoman. Plastic Nekima would be nice.