Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

And finally, my crew is complete! Can't wait to get her on the table and play a few games!

Tell me what you think!

post-10280-13911926736233_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911926736739_thumb.jpg

Now I am kind of at a loss on what I should paint next. I have everything I really need for my usual undead routine. I am also content with playing with the Pandora box until I get her rules down, before I attempt larger games with more models. This leaves me at a large amount of models I have that I need to paint. Anyone got any specific wishes?

Here's what I got:

Poltergeist

Doppelganger

Lilitu

Lelu

Stitched Together x2

Insidious Madness

Kirai

The Drowned x3

Von Schill

Ikiryo

Flesh Construct

Dead Rider

aSeamus

Izamu

Killjoy

Jaakuna Ubume

Desolation Engine

(Following also once I get them per mail...)

Yan Lo

Soul Porter

Chiaki

Ashigaru x3

Leveticus

Rusty Alyce

Hollow Waif

SPA x4

Onryo x2

As you can see, quite a list. I actually have more spirits for Kirai, but I cannot do those yet until I get the bases for them. Until I know where to go, I will just paint corpse counters and maybe some MZs.

Lovely paint schemes and models!

I can see you are from Germany, why don't you come to my tournament www.Giantfanatic.dk and show off your models? I have said it in a couple of other threads but just for clarification, i will make one hell of a tournament with the most mindblowing terrain and awesome prices.

The event will happen in October, so you have plenty of time to decide :)

Lovely paint schemes and models!

I can see you are from Germany, why don't you come to my tournament www.Giantfanatic.dk and show off your models? I have said it in a couple of other threads but just for clarification, i will make one hell of a tournament with the most mindblowing terrain and awesome prices.

The event will happen in October, so you have plenty of time to decide :)

Thanks!

I doubt I will be able to make it. D:

I will still try to, though! :)

Candy looks very sweet and innocent and the paintjob is excellent (especially when you take into account her size!). The bases look very cool too.

Thanks! She was actually quite easy to paint. I find it harder to paint larger models for some reason. o.o

Haha thanks! I actually wanted to use green and brown on the Neverborn. But sooooo many people painted their Sorrows in green and I wanted something more unique, so I went for a pink/brown scheme. I will try not to make most models overly pink either. As you can see on Pandora, the only pink stuff is the magical snake thingies coming out of her box.

I will sneak in the two colors here and there, but they will not be as prominent on these models as orange is on my undead hordes. :)

Thanks guys! I am hoping to get him finished by tomorrow. If I am lucky, maybe even today, depending on how swiftly I can paint the rest of him.

He actually looks much better than I thought from the alt sculpt. I think I'll have him as my aMcMourning. Nice one!

I do not like a lot of the newer Master models. Some of them are great and some of them just do not appeal to me, e.g. Seamus.

But this McMourning is by far damn awesome. He is more dynamic and aggressive looking. Not just sinister and evil, like his first, but downright dangerous.

Add to it that this model was definitely inspired by a well known serial killer from Elm Street, you can well imagine he will strike fear into his enemies, even when they sleep!

Your models are looking great and I really enjoyed going through the whole thread to see your progress.

Perhaps I have missed it but could you tell us how you are doing your grey clothing? They look good and I am looking to stealing your idea :)

Thanks! And my Grey tones are pretty easy. Just a simple MC Light Grey washed in GW's Badab Black and then highlighted with the same grey tone mixed with Light Orange from the same range.

Here's an update on my progress. I finally was able to force myself to paint some stuff. Been a week off of it and it comes like a drug. MUST PAINT!!! UUUUURGGHHHH!!!! Anywho, here are my two newest additions to the finished batch:

post-10280-1391192731078_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911927311483_thumb.jpg

Primordial Magic. I am slowly, but surely building up my Pandora crew. This guy was painted in the using the two colors I frequently use in that crew: pink and brown. I actually like this model quite a lot. Really detailed for a mere totem. Love it!

post-10280-13911927312194_thumb.jpg

post-10280-1391192731294_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911927313674_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911927314314_thumb.jpg

My second Ressurrectionist Master is finished. I am really looking forward to playing this guy!

I went for a Freddy Krueger theme with his shirt. He was obviously sculpted to resemble the Nightmare on Elm Street. Thus I painted his shirt to accentuate the fright. I kept to my usual orange tone in my crews and went for grey pants. Color scheme: Check! The other bits are all either based on brown tones or green tones.

His hair actually has some little grey streaks in it too. I have seen a lot of models with one colored hair, but I can well imagine McMourning slowly reaching a higher age in his shenanigans with the dead. So I tossed in some grey behind the ears.

The blood splatter on his clothing was more or less improvised. I didn't really think much behind how I wanted the splatter to look or from which direction it was supposed to come. I took my dry brushing brush and flicked some half wet paint onto the model from one side, cleaned up the bits that hit his paints and arm and then worked my way up from there. I guess it looks like he slashed something to his lower left side? I don't know, I am still pleased with the outcome.

I will be able to update my other ongoing thread with the four riders sometime when I get home today. The rider has been done for almost two weeks now. lol

Next on my painting list is going to be good ol' Sebastian and a Flesh Construct. If I am lucky, I will get my other Flesh Construct and Rogue Necromancy per mail soon and be able to work those bad boys up. Then I can actually play with McMourning too.

Project "29" is still taking a bit, since I am converting him and sort of looking for good ideas for a replacement head. I dislike the tiny little thing already sculpted onto the model. Any ideas?

Thanks! I am actually currently torn between finishing the McMourning crew or going straight for Yan Lo. Both are appealing to play with.

Tending towards McMourning though, as I already have him finished. I also just finished by little bits of changes on his "29" avatar beasty... Looking forward to painting that guy. :D

Indeed. I primed him all nice and white yesterday and finished off Sebastian. Just need to take photos of the latter and I will post them here. After that I got two Flesh Constructs and then either Rogue Necromancy or directly off to Simulacrum "29".

Yan Lo is still benched at the moment. I want to get my McMourning crew all ready for this coming Saturday's Dead of Winter event. Technically I am just missing the two Flesh Constructs. Rogue and "29" can wait a wee bit. :P

Another update after some time. I have been kind of posting lazy, due to the fact that I have to resize the images I want to post every time. Something which is also delaying the final steps on my Dead Rider tutorial...

Anyway, the first item on the list today is my altered Simulacrum "29". I stole two ideas from this guy on youtube who added the twisted people into the giant's tummy area and also added a few cables. I really liked these ideas and applied it to my liking as well.

I did add a head from my Warhammer zombies box. I like this face as it has that blank and apatic look to it, typical for the undead. In my head I concocted a mini story of how this head came to be. Meet the intern Freddy. If I can be arsed, I will write up the short story sometime in the future.

post-10280-13911927495866_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911927496483_thumb.jpg

The second item today is Sebastian. I do not care for this model all too much. Mostly because he is as tall as a canine remains hound. Considering he is supposed to be height 2... Ugh. I don't know. If I could list a few models that could use some alt sculpts, I would vote this guy at the top of the list. Anyway, he has the same gloves as McMourning as well as his bloody apron. (The guild likes to buy cheap stuff in wholesale). And you can pretty much see the rest.

post-10280-13911927497103_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911927497765_thumb.jpg

Next on the platter are my two Flesh Constructs and most likely the Zombie Chihuahua after them (still in the bath to get rid of old paint). Then I will probably finish off my Rogue Necromancy and "29" followed up my Rafkin and three Guild Autopsies.