Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

• 4 weeks later...

As some of you may have noticed or not, I have been rather inactive lately. Still running events and doing my local henchman thing just not really any painting or hobbying as such. Damn summer totally killed my drive as bad as consuming a lot of alcohol can ruin a fancy night, if you know what I mean.

Newly inspired I have been tinkering around with some of my backlogged models and have been prepping them the past days. I should have them finished and ready for an upcoming 'race' or more a 'push to my limits' thing I have concocted called:

GREMLIN MONTH

I have quite a lot penned out for this month (probably starting this weekend):

5 Bayou Gremlins (one of them is the Pigapult Grem)

3 Young LaCroix

4 Piglets

3 Stuffed Piglets

Hog Whisperer

Gremlinette

Egg Hauler

2 Slop Haulers

War Pig

War Rooster

Taxidermist

Pigapult

Som'er

2 Skeets

Zoraida

1 - 7 Voodoo Dolls (yes you read correctly)

2 Waldgeists

Lenny

Wong

Burt Jebson

(Only models I am missing are Avatar Som'er, McTavish and Gracie. May add them to the list in september once my funds have restocked after GenCon...)

I wont have a particular order in which models I will be painting, so if you have requests or wishes on what to see first, hit me up! Either Wednesday or Thursday I will post up an image of the whole lot primed and based. Then the fun shall begin!

:3

Hey, really long time no see. I hope you at least caught some rest this summer.

I love about a half of those models from the list. Can't wait for Gremlinette Whisperer, Zoraida, Lenny and Burt. What was the last thing you've done? (Colette?)

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

What are you using for the 1-7 Voodoo dolls?

Yeah rested and in the mood!

Cool! I will note those as up to comes. :P

I am actually using puppet wars minis. One each for every faction. Thus I can have a cutsom little dolly for any opponent. Though I will focus on painting one of them for the time being (the gremlin factioned one) and then add the others once the rest of my models are finished.

I had a similar idea, but that might not work on all acounts.

I've got a Bete Noire Puppet and it looks awesome, but it's just too large to be used as a puppet. I think my favourite is the Teddy puppet so far, but I'm not sure which ones are in scale and which aren't.

I was thinking of using some of the puppets as stand ins for normal Wicked Dolls.

In the end I've got two Confrontation Puppet like familiars and I'll probably wait for the plastic ones to come out. I like them to be very little compared to madame Zora and I've got the crouching one.

I dislike the Voodoo doll mini, but I got him last week after all because I need it for an official painting competition or something like that.

On the case of gremlins, what do you say to the new plastic ones, at least on the account of the Art?

Well considering the Voodoo doll is a special doll, I would say it can be a bit bigger than the little dolls the old Zoraida model has. The pewter models are a wee bit shorter than gremlins. So it works out in a way. You have a nice model that is still visually appealing and visible, but also smaller. The Misaki doll I am getting is in plastic and the scale there is somewhat larger. I think it may reach up to the same size as the gremlins, so no real big deal anyway.

Banjo Gremlin + Piglet = Gremlin Voodoo Doll

Austringer = Guild Voodoo Doll

Belle = Ressurrectionist Voodoo Doll

Ronin = Outcasts Voodoo Doll

Misaki = Ten Thunders Voodoo Doll

Silurid = Neverbon Voodoo Doll

Cultist of December = Arcanist Voodoo Doll

The palstic Gremlins look pretty decent, though I do not really need them. I have pretty much every model there is. I may pick up a second Pigapult (includes a potential sixth Bayou Gremlin) and the four Bayou Gremlins. It really depends on how many I need, since with the Gremlinette and Egg Hauler I have a good amount of proxies for Bayous and other models, in case I need them.

Otherwise I am super psyched for the Brewmeister and his crew. The concept art is awesome and their game mechanics are enticing. Also Fingers is going to be an auto-purchase as well, since he is so damn good.

It is time... time for GREMLIN MONTH! Huzzah!

I started off with a bash and a grind. Painted these guys yesterday in about five and a half hours. Tell me what you think!

post-10280-13911930644768_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911930645418_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911930646136_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911930646868_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911930647706_thumb.jpg

It is a pretty sloppy job, but good enough for me. Especially after such a long time in painting nothing. Plus the pigs aren't too important. They can look like sloppy pigs. :P

Next on my platter are the other two Young LaCroix and the octopii bucket Slop Hauler. Going to try to get these three done by Friday, since I plan to play with them then.

Anywho! Tell me what you think! :)

Green is de bestest bacun.

Also the lighting was just a quickie so I could post something. Once I get several models finished I will do another photo session and take some nice shots.

Also the highlights suck butter balls. The pigs are really sloppy work. Trust me on this. I do believe this lighting makes them look less worse.

Only the first one looks a bit sloppy, the rest are ok and it looks sloppy only in the first picture, not in third one.

The first one also looks the most characterful of the lot and looks cute drinking that water.

Green looks really good on them and I think the tone of color on the pigs even improved from the one on Ramis gun. I mean I like this version of green pigs.

The one lying down (last one before Lacroix) model looks like a fat dirty little pig full of mud, which is the impression I've got while painting it and I'll definitely go back to when finishing it up.

I've got all of these pigs, but mine've got some explosives strapped onto them.

I also tried implimenting spots on one of my pigs but it doesn't look too good, I'll have to fix that.

Lacroix's pig looks very mean for some reason... I don't remember how mine came out since I was planning to make a colorful poncho for the gremlin and forgot about the pig.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Odd that you like orange color and don't play Ten Thunders since that is their faction color. :-/

They are all kind of sloppy. :P

I like the piggy in the water cause it is such a perfect fit for it. He and charging piggy are my two favorite. I also have stuffed piglets. But those are not going to rush it now. Gotta paint them orange skins. :D

I did have Yan Lo. M2E and no rules for him basically pushed him way back on my to do list. Also the Brewmaster... I am utmost anxious to get my hands on him. This far mechanics wise my favorite master of the game. So there will be more 'orange' in future orange models. :D