Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

I have been busy with stuff as of late, but I am still waiting for a commissioned artwork to get ready so I can post some neato images of my models with 'professional' standards. :D

At the moment you guys can just check out and see what is currently on my painting table:

20130610_161319_zps5585544e.jpg

20130610_161242_zps6c0768a1.jpg

20130610_161256_zps2c953b77.jpg

Basically one of the two Coryphées and my second Mannequin. After that I will probably work on some Infinity models (for variety) and then finish up the last Coryphée and the other two bases for them. After that I will have a 'finished' Colette crew, though I will definitely be working on the second Performer soonish as well. :D

Sorry for the lack of updates. Busy times and still waiting on stuff. :B

Stay tuned!~

Another stupid update:

I now have a Deviant Art account (Soon will be adding tumbler too). There I will be periodically updating my photo archive of more 'professional photos of my models. :D

So what you guys will mostly see here are quickies and WIP images. The real deal will be in my gallery.

Check it out? :)

http://bleachedmodels.deviantart.com/

That rider turned out fantastic. Really impressed :) i really like the metals. How did you paint them? Lots of glazing?

Why will it be stripped?

Pretty easy, really. Just used generic silver metal paints and then washed the pieces in either yellowish/brown or purple/black. :)

The model will be stripped because at the moment it is painted to fit my generic Undead theme. Since I never use him with my current models, I will be adding him to another set of models, a project soon to come, once I pull my head out of my butt and finish up Colette. :)

The Dead Rider looks excellent, but why so little orange on him? It's like your signature is missing.

I just didn't know what I could have made orange on him and make him still look decent. He does have orange tube things, though. :D

His future new form will be more orange, I promise! ;)

I really love The Sheamus Crew, how they are so uniquely done with the mix of bright and dull tones... The Pastel effect looks stunning on them!

Thanks! :D

Can I say I now miss the hand in the pictures?

Oh, sorry. I hope this may help.

post-10280-13911929888193_thumb.jpg

Now that's better. look at the detail and the smooth transitions.

I cannot agree more. I also like the slight orange tint my hand gives the photo as well. Orange is good. I like orange. You like orange. Orange. Orange. Orange.

Thoroughly enjoyed going through all 45 pages of this thread. Oh how I wish you had more tutorials!!! You are an amazing painter.

Thanks! lol

Must have made you insane going through all of those pages. xD

Got a tutorial in mind?

Thanks! lol

Must have made you insane going through all of those pages. xD

Got a tutorial in mind?

Haha, not at all. I feel a thoroughly good use of my time. Love people who post 'in progress' photos of their process. Gives beginners like me a lot of insight into how to best go about order etc!

And maybe not by popular demand as this might be 'obvious' to everyone else, but I'd love to see one for how you shade/highlight the hair? :)

Edited by Lussuria

Haha, not at all. I feel a thoroughly good use of my time. Love people who post 'in progress' photos of their process. Gives beginners like me a lot of insight into how to best go about order etc!

And maybe not by popular demand as this might be 'obvious' to everyone else, but I'd love to see one for how you shade/highlight the hair? :)

I also prefer to see different stations of a models development rather than a nice and fancy picture of one. Often it sparks in new ideas and helps renew that creativity slumbering inside. :P

I kind of addressed the hair guide thing issue in my blog post here. It will take some time, but I will begin with the next model that has some hair. I will probably go for a black brown and work my way up to different tones and colors. Maybe one day I will have a nice assortment for everybody to enjoy. :P

Any specific hair color you have in mind? I could write up a short summary on how to do it, in case you cannot wait until I get to painting it.

just realised that I'm actually already following your blog! Wooo~ tiny duck post come at me. *grin*

The hair colour I'm planning to attempt is blonde (Myranda from the Chimera Crew)! I'm leaving it until last as it looks a bit daunting haha.

Oooh? That is a good thing. Good things are good. >:D

Ducky will be coming sometime in the future. It will take a bit, since I will need to do some sculpting and modding of models. But soon. ~

When I get home I will post up my recipe and how I did the blonde hair on my Ophelia model. It is pretty easy and only requires 5 paints. Also I always paint hair after the skin, which is my first step. ^^

Took pictures for my first part of the tutorial. I may have to redo them, as the color I was painting at the time was a dark brown and really hard to see any noticeable differences on camera. I may attempt a quickie to see how the photos look cropped and put together. May work better.

When I get home I will post up my recipe and how I did the blonde hair on my Ophelia model. It is pretty easy and only requires 5 paints. Also I always paint hair after the skin, which is my first step. ^^

Took pictures for my first part of the tutorial. I may have to redo them, as the color I was painting at the time was a dark brown and really hard to see any noticeable differences on camera. I may attempt a quickie to see how the photos look cropped and put together. May work better.

Oh thankyou so much! That would be so very appreciated! *grin*

The other thing I see everyone making but no one seems to have posted a tutorial for (well, I'm sure there are on the webs in general but maybe not here) is how everyone makes those gorgeous bases? Haha, the whole concept of making it actually look like a rock or log baffles me!!