Maelstrom Games (UK) - does it take forever for everyone?

graeme27uk

So I placed an order using their stock clearance offer as they were cleaning out their stock and offering 25% off RRP...

However I'm still waiting for my order to arrive 2 weeks later.... I've contacted them and they have said they are splitting the order due to some items being out of stock. How can they be out of stock if they were clearing the stock out...

Anyway, has anyone else had issues with Maelstrom taking forever to get their orders out?

They've always been pretty good when I've ordered, thought I always avoid anything out of stock. Except when I ordered the mini rule book. I ended up placing an order for me, then a second for a friend, rang then the next day and they split the orders then recombined them so both books were in one, and all the rest from both orders was another. That one turned up two days later, and the books came into stock and then arriveD about a week after.

But I have heard a lot of people complaining. Maybe I've just been lucky

I've been buying from them for a while, and it seems like their standards have been falling lately. About a year ago, I would have the package at my door within a week of ordering, and I live in Poland. Then I ordered some Malifaux last month, and it took two weeks, and now the stuff I've ordered during the sale hasn't even been shipped yet.

I am kind of hoping that the confusion is due to the increased volume of sales this month, but my patience is wearing thin at this point.

3 years ago, my orders from them reached me within 2 weeks and i live in asia.

nowadays because of the overwhelming volume of sales they handle, it can take up to 2 months for my order to reach me...

one of my longstanding issues with MSG is that their online website's stock volume do not coincide with their actual warehouse ones some of the time... so if a particular item is out of stock and also OOP or out of stock at the suppliers, it may take an email or two (and hope somebody receives the email and attends to it) to find out if i will ever get the stuff i ordered.

i continue to support MSG primarily because they are the very few UK based online stores that offer free shipping as well as regular sales. I can't use any of the US based online stores mainly because they charge ridiculous fees for shipping to asia.

i make it a point to not buy online if i am in a hurry... coz i can just pop down to my LGS and get what i need... well unless the LGS doesn't have what i want either... *zzz*

18+ days everytime. I always do business with the troll trader- 2 days pre-post change prices, 4-6 days now.....

I used Troll Trader for the first time last month and he was indeed superfast. Wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

As for Maelstrom, my current order with them will be my last. They are just too slow now and I have no confidence in the stock levels indicated on their site. Although I may give them a try through eBay as suggested earlier.

Edited by Chucklemonkey

I use Maelstrom quite a lot but the service has gone down hill. My last order took nearly 5 months to arrive and I am not exaggerating. Thankfully I am very patient and I was in no rush for the models but that length of time, for an item that was 'In Stock' on the site?

Now I will only order from them when there is an offer on and I don't need the mini right away.

My orders averaged between 2 and 5 weeks so I stopped using them (they're currently almost as bad as Wayland and that takes some effort!). Another big vote for Firestorm, ordered from them loads with no issues. Also a vote for Troll Trader, they tend to be the cheapest and are super fast although they only sell what's in stock and it's pot luck if they have what you want (never tried asking if they'll order stuff in, they might?).

Finally have part of the order, after emailing them and threatening to go elsewhere.... even with their discounts, I'm not sure that I will use them again as they are too slow and their website does not match.

I understand that they may have issues with orders vs stock levels, but then don't put "in stock" if its not. Be honest with your customers...

I wouldn't mind if I knew it was going to take months to get my stuff.

Recently brought from Maelstrom (previous experiences should have taught me not too), I was tempted by the 25% off stuff that was in stock offer I recieved. So ordered my equipment, checking website stock levels as the discount offered only related to items which were in stock for clearance........2 weeks later still waiting, when I called they said they were waiting for stock to arrive and be unpacked!

I give thumbs up for Troll Trader, Square Orange and Firestorm all of which in the past have provided great service, of particular speed was Troll Trader.

Shall be ignoring the tempting offers.....I need my Malifaux fix quicker than that!

Whenever I make a larger order at MSG, I always end up emailing them a month later and kindly asking about the status. I usually receive a reply that it's almost ready and will be sent shortly. And that's usually the case. I like MSG as they have good prices and sell a wide range of products but they do tend to take a long time to finalize the orders.

I placed an order with Maelstrom Games on the 6th March for two crews, two secondary figures, 2 fate decks & a rule book. My son and I had decided to try something different.

I called them on various occasions and they were always very helpful. They part shipped the order and all we were waiting for was a gold fate deck, which they assured would be next Friday.

4 next Fridays came and went with a call to them each time for an update. However when i called last Thursday for an update and I got rather an abrupt chap on the end of the phone that prompted me to cancel the outstanding order for the fate deck.

I ordered it from The Troll Trader and it arrived two days later.

That said, I had ordered some Vallejo Paints from Maelstrom Games the same morning and they also arrived two days later.

The only issue with Maelstrom Games is communication and their stock levels. I suppose there could be an issue with the stock for the Ebay site and their own webiste which leads to the confusion.

Will I order from them again? Probably Not!

Will I order from The Troll Trader Again? Definitely!

Will I order from Square Orange Games? Good Chance!

Just my Tuppence worth.