Only just realised: this can't be right surely?

fishtank

Question

16 answers to this question

Same. I noticed the other day while using Ryle as a ride that he couldn't get away from Hoffman of his own power...

Is Hoffman really "dead"?

I agree it's odd that Hoffman wouldn't have the same statement on his card that Ryle has making him both a Construct and Living model... I get the Construct part, there's an apparatus on his back.... but there is also the person part of the model...

Ramos is another construct/living, and so is his executioner and Joss, and all are pretty clearly not dead.

Personally, I think that Perfect Machine should have been worded that you can choose to use the construct rule, rather than you can choose not to.

Fluff? They're brothers. It's the spark of memory that Ryle still has, that gives Hoffman hope. Or something.

Edited by SpiralngCadavr

Dont try to apply too much logic to a rule, if you were to do that there would be no magic in the game at all. (I dare you to logically explain a portal that leads to another world where teddy bears eat people and there are half angels running around killing all the humans while people are raising the dead)

Dont try to apply too much logic to a rule, if you were to do that there would be no magic in the game at all. (I dare you to logically explain a portal that leads to another world where teddy bears eat people and there are half angels running around killing all the humans while people are raising the dead)

Well thats an easy one to explain, its FM (Freakin Magic).

I believe that (for example) you don't need to explain the existence of undead, but you do need to make them consistent.

The American Astronaut is one of my favorite movies, and it has an amazingly well-developed world, not because it logically makes sense (it doesn't), but because the internal logic is, I dare say, perfect. Things don't need to make sense, as long as they're consistent, at least, in my opinion.

Though, there is also something to be said for realism of basic natural phenomena when dealing with Earth-like circumstances. For instance, regardless of magic, if ice sank in Malifaux and they didn't bother explaining it or making a point of it, I'd be skeptical of their writing.

This one is on our radar. However, it's not nearly important enough to put it at the forefront of the "Revision" list. For now, it's simply a rules is rules issue where the fluff/reality logic simply needs to take a back seat to the game functionality.

In essence, there's enough of Hoff to be considered a Construct and construct-specific rules need to interact with him.

I don't think it needs any sort of change TBH. It's not game breaking in the slightest. I think I came up with the "Can't be repulsed from his BROTHER" argument too.

Yeah, I actually didn't think it was that strange. Of all of the Malifaux things that could be confusing, this one hardly warrants an eventual new card, IMHO.

Look at making "Does not die" make sense instead...

It just doesn't die. Ever. How confusing is that? *grin* If anything it's super underpowered.

I agree though, I don't think that there needs to be much of any change to the way Hoff/Ryle interact. It doesn't really break anything and Hoff being only a construct doesn't seem to do much bad other than keeping Ryle from pushing.