Lilith Vs Perdita a Foggy Terraclips Adventure

Fading Memory

Our LGS recently purchased some Terraclips and it was my responsibility to put it together (modular style) at home and bring it back. Here is a short report of the second play test.

Lilith, Mother of Monsters vs Perdita Ortega 30ss in Shared Contain Power

Special Feature - Foggy

Lilith Crew - Grudge on Nino, 2 extra soulstones

Coppelious

Young Nephlim

Lilitu

Cherub

Arcane Effigy

Perdita Crew - Bodyguard on Perdita and Von Schill

Von Schill

Nino

Samuel Hoppkins

Standard deployment (my point of view). Lilith deployed first as to make sure Perdita did not get the "longer" sight lines and so to use the maze for cover as best as possible. The flight crew deployed along some bridges and cat walks. Lilith and the Effigy was deployed under the cat walks.

Perdita's crew deployed atop a building giving it a good view of the whole board (I had not realized the LoS rules for elevation and walls until this game as they have never come up before to this degree). A ramp system was to her left and houses to her right

Turn 1

Lilith crew advances forward trying to stay hidden as best as possible. Lilith advances aggressively hoping her high defense can save her and puts a forest right on top her enemies. Nino cast In My Sights on Lilith and hits her for 2 Damage.

Turn 2 Foggy is in affect :-fate to all Attack and Cast Flips

Lilitu Lures Nino off the building causing 4 Falling Damage. Lilith advances under the building the Perdita crew is hiding. Perdita and Von Schill run from Lilith to the ramp system. The rest of the Lilith Crew advances inside the Maze. No models are hit due to out of range or all the minus flips from cover and Fog.

Turn 3 Foggy is in affect :-fate to all Attack and Cast Flips

Lilith stabs Hoppkins through the floor causing 6 wounds. Coppelious floats out of the maze to strike Nino, but falls to wound him because of the minus flips. Von Schill shoots Coppelious for 5 damage. The Effigy causes 1 wound on Hoppkins. And Nino runs from Coppelious.

Turn 4 Foggy is in affect :-fate to all Attack and Cast Flips

Hoppkins shoots Coppelious, killing him, but kills himself in the process. Lilith Channels and Transpositions Nino and the Cherub. Nino shoots the Young Nephlim for 2 damage. The Young Nephlim charges and swings at Nino but can't kill him, neither can Lilitu or the Effigy. Perdita one hits the Cherub and Von Schill cant break through the Effigy's defense.

Turn 5

The Young Nephlim kills Nino and starts to hunt down Perdita for the next turn, but she kills him before he gets a chance. Lelu Lures Von Schill and he kills her for doing so. Lilith runs up and gets in Perdita's face and The Effigy closes in.

Turn 6

Lilith swings and Perdita and misses. Lilith swings again, hits, cheats in the Red Joker and flips a sever for 12 damage. Perdita tries to prevent the damage, but only prevents 1 wound. Lilith then gets in Von Shill's face. Von Schill tries running away, but fails and takes 2 wounds. He then charges Lilith. The Effigy tries casting a spell on Von Shill but ends up targeting Lilith but fails to cast in the end. And tries shooting him, but ends up missing Lilith.

Turn 7 Foggy is in affect :-fate to all Attack and Cast Flips

Lilith focus strikes Von Shill for 5 wounds. He fails to hit Lilith and the Effigy wounds him 1 more time.

VP

Lilith 6 (4 from Lilith killing Perdita and 2 from the Young Nephlim killing Nino).

Perdita 2 ( 2 from Von Shill still being alive).

I was Lilith. With the rules for Shooting - Elevation LoS, I almost gave up right away, but thought I can't always play in games where I appear to be the favorite. I kept flipping high for Foggy which really saved me turns 3 and 4. I had decent hands because of Arcane Reservoir and Rush of Magic. Because of Elevation and LoS rules mixed with Foggy, the game tilted in my favor quickly. Master of Malifaux helped too. The lucky Red Joker was awesome. I drew it the final turn and flipped a 12 on second flip. In fact I flipped extraordinary the last few turns.

But the one thing we really really learned is that Terraclips are not meant to be Modular and should be built with LoS in mind or just use them to build pieces of terrain that you can place where you please.

Edited by Fading Memory

Our LGS recently purchased some Terraclips and it was my responsibility to put it together (modular style) at home and bring it back. Here is a short report of the second play test.

But the one thing we really really learned is that Terraclips are not meant to be Modular and should be built with LoS in mind or just use them to build pieces of terrain that you can place where you please.

I dunno... it seems like it worked really well from my perspective.

Couple of extremely minor questions that should not be viewed as criticism please: Did you rule that Lilith could stab through the floor without line of sight with hard cover or something? or just that they were in range so could be targeted? When Von Shill could not get away how could he then charge?

Thanks very much for the game report. I enjoyed it a lot and contrary to your advice I feel motivated to put some modular sections of Terraclips together for my next trip to the game store. I feel like Malifaux is a much different (and in my opinion far better) game with not only the recommended amount of terrain but multiple levels/shooting lanes that bring ranged shots and different movement (i.e. coppelious floating/lilith swaping places etc).

I may have misunderstood your point here after re reading it all. Did you mean that you shouldn't put a whole board together with terraclips and bring it in constructed? I'm not sure I get it.

When Von Shill could not get away how could he then charge?

Von Schill's Melee range is only 1" and Lilith's is 2". So after Von Schill's failed disengage he was farther than 1" away and able to charge.

Did you mean that you shouldn't put a whole board together with terraclips and bring it in constructed? I'm not sure I get it.

The way I created the modular pieces I created some really unfair sight lines. Some long sight lines are needed so models like Nino and Hans, who have a 16", range can use them. However, the way I built them those two models would annihilate everything. So if you build things modular style, sight lines need to thought of as you build it.

The way I created the modular pieces I created some really unfair sight lines. Some long sight lines are needed so models like Nino and Hans, who have a 16", range can use them. However, the way I built them those two models would annihilate everything. So if you build things modular style, sight lines need to thought of as you build it.

hmm yeah no I approve of this plan. I actually think that sounds almost ideal. As you showed movement can be extremely key and sight lines SHOULD be an ENOURMOUS advantage for long range models. YMMV

• 2 months later...

Yeah we have a set of the sewer terraclips and with the elevated terrain nino became impossible to face, almost to the point of me just refusing to play our guild player. They really need to do something to fix these elevated terrain rules, they're a bit all over the place at the moment.

Nice report, good to see Terra Clips getting some use. I've only played two games on mine.

Von Schill's Melee range is only 1" and Lilith's is 2". So after Von Schill's failed disengage he was farther than 1" away and able to charge.

Von Schill still counts as engaged, because he is within another model's melee range, therefore he could not have charged.

Nice report, good to see Terra Clips getting some use. I've only played two games on mine.

Von Schill still counts as engaged, because he is within another model's melee range, therefore he could not have charged.

p.36 of the little rule book states that a model may charge if it has a target model within its LoS, which is not already in its melee range.

There are no other restrictions on declaring a charge. This means that you can be engaged with and/or by another model, and can charge another model, as long as the second model is not already in your melee range. You would just need to account for disengaging strikes when deciding when/who/if you charge.