Abigale, Steampunk Hunter

Okay, my copy of Abigale arrived yesterday and I am not as impressed with it in the flesh than I am with the photo. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice miniature, but there is some bad casting of the left hand large solid chunk of excess resin in it instead of being empty), lots of flash (more than some Citadel FineCast!), the left arm is twisted and the gun is bent about 170 degrees and some of the vents are in places that contain extremely fine levels of detail that can accidentally be cut off trimming the vents. The issues with the arms (along with where the vents are) would have been easily fixed by making this model multi-part, but I suppose that would have made to much sense for some people to try.

Also, just sending the model in a padded clamshell/blister would have worked instead of ramming it into a tightly wrapped plastic bag inside a clamshell :/

True, most of the issues are easily fixed with hot water, but I am still going to have to resculpt about half of her left hand. I could contact CMON about it being faulty, but it would take about 3- 4 weeks to get another and I am more willing to resculpt a hand than to wait a month to get a replacement.

Despite my complaints the rest ofthe model is nice, the interior of the skirt and legs are wonderfully detailed (you'll have to paint these before sticking her on a base so be careful of that) and the rest of the model is suitably sculpted and cast, but I do feel it's nowhere near the level of Guild of Harmony's Steampunk Dorothy or Tinker Belle (which are tiny works of art) even though it should sit well alongside them on a shelf or tabletop.

In all 7 out of 10.

Edited by LonelyPath

Just got mine today and yeah I see what you mean. Mine fared a little better, the only real issue being some flash and the gun is bent just a little bit, but still noticeable. I didn't realise it was a one part model and was really surprised to see it was considering the pose, etc. I also dread trying to paint under her skirt, will probably remove her tab for that. However, the sculpt is very nice, especially her dress and I think her face is perhaps better than Steampunk Dorothy, but overall I think Dorothy is a better executed model while Abigale will ultimately draw less attention to herself which I actually like.

So I guess I've been more fortunate, but hopefully the peeps who made this learn from their mistakes and not only produce lovely models, but pracical ones too =]

$19.99? I paid more than that for Steampunk Dorothy and Steampunk Tinker Belle, but for such exclusive and nice looking models I think it's worth it. I do think Abigale was worth getting, but there were mistakes and flaws in the model that could have been so easily avoided (like having the arms are separate components) and hopefully CMON have learned from it and produce better models in resin in the future as they certain produce some beautiful metals.

Panda, good to hear yours came out a bit better tham nine, does yours also have a semi-loose scope on top of the hunting rifle? I noticed the other day that one of the parts holding it in place is snapped :(

Panda, good to hear yours came out a bit better tham nine, does yours also have a semi-loose scope on top of the hunting rifle? I noticed the other day that one of the parts holding it in place is snapped :(

It's a little loose because there's only a single bit of resin attaching it to the gun, but I don't see anything that has snapped, yet at least. This one is gonna get a very gentle soap bath before being painted (Abigale, not me, that would be weird).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I'd say 32mm. Also saw the same problems you guys did, with the left hand and the bent barrel. Also one of the release lines seemed to be connected right to the dress...and I think another might have been on the hand, hence that weird molding issue. However, overall, I'm quite pleased with her. An excellent showpiece, quite pretty.