The opposite of Pandora (ie style of gameplay)?

Zwergenkrieger

Hi all,

Although this seems to be a Neverborn related post on the first glance I posted here because I like to know the opinion of non Neverborn players too.

Reading the post about starting a new crew in the new year I suddenly started to think about which crew I would like to start this year. And the answer has to be: the opposite of my willpower based Pandora crew.

Now that´s my question to you folks: What the opposite of Pandora when it comes to style of play?

Please write down your opinion and elaborate! I like to hear as many opinions as possible.

Thanks

ZK

If you want something that's still tricky, but not cast oriented there's always The Dreamer/LCB. I love that pair and they seem to be a good enough break from Pandora without making a commitment to a new faction. As the others have said, Lilith would be a good choice too.

If you would like to go out of faction though, Lady J, Marcus, or McMourning would be good.

Opposite of Pandora eh? Well the way I see it, Pandora's playstyle comes down to the following;

1. Wp-based attacks

2. Fast/Hit and Run

3. Master-centric offensive power

In light of that, I'd go for a slower Master (so non-neverborn ;) ) who supports his/her crew, rather than function as the main damage source. Off the top of my head, that'd be;

Hoffman

Lucius

Nicodem

Molly

Ramos

So'mer

If you want to stay in-faction, I'd recommend Zoraida. She's fast (like all Neverborn Masters), but she fills the support role better than any other model in the game.

Thanks to all!

Seems to be Lillith and Lady J for the master centric melee power then... Uhh, and Lady J got that freaking awesome new sculpt these days. Sweet! But has Lady J access to powerful minions too? Or will she be the workhorse of her crew?

Opposite of Pandora eh? Well the way I see it, Pandora's playstyle comes down to the following;

1. Wp-based attacks

2. Fast/Hit and Run

3. Master-centric offensive power

That´s a pretty good summary. I think of all these points only No 1(wp based duels) and No 3 (Master centric offensive power) I really like to change. That Fast/Hit and Run playstyle I like to keep because that´s the style of play I highly favour in all tabletop games.

In fact, I´m highly interested in a crew with some nasty minios who bring the pain to the opponent rather than supporting the master so that the master himself slays the opponent.

In light of that, I'd go for a slower Master (so non-neverborn ;) ) who supports his/her crew, rather than function as the main damage source. Off the top of my head, that'd be;

Hoffman

Lucius

Nicodem

Molly

Ramos

So'mer

Hoffman and Lucius are 2 masters I really like the look of and I often thought about starting a crew. Especially Hoffman is able to field some pretty sweet killing machines who are able to do the dirty work if I´ve got the right information. ;)

If you want to stay in-faction, I'd recommend Zoraida. She's fast (like all Neverborn Masters), but she fills the support role better than any other model in the game.

Mmhh, I think I have to have a deeper look into Zoraida. One thing I don´t like about her: the Zoraida/Collodi combo seems to be one of the commonly most hated crews these days and I want to stay away from another "beardy" crew that will often be called overpowered...

Sure, there might be some other ways to field her though...

One question though: What´s with the Ortegas?

My vote (as long as you go guild and don't stay in faction only) is Lady J hands down.

Lady J is a strong model on her own and does not require alot of minion interaction. I see that as the opposite of Pandora.

Lady J can take good minions that are able to work without her. She of course helps them if they stay near, but they can also operate solo very well.

There's no real tricks with a Lady J list (unless you force yourself to put them there). The trickiest thing you'll be doing is having a death marshall cast a spell that gives other death marshalls in range (including Lady J) bonus melee damage.

All the models do is basic attacks vs. Df stat. No tricky I'm immune to X to worry about. No one is immune to being hit. (Well, except the Dreamer...)

You're going to find that Lady J crews are the opposite of Pandora crews because they can operate so straight forwardly (is that a word?). On the other hand, I bet you're going to find it hard to win games against good opponents because they operate so straight forwardly. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts.

I don't think Hoffman is the opposite of Pandora (or at least plays that way). In fact, I consider Hoffman the most "Neverborn-ish" of the Guild masters since he is much more dependant on the tricky interactions you can get between models.

Turbodog...inventing new words all over this post! (Did I type: Neverborn-ish?)

So the gist of this thread seems to be working out what the "opposite of Pandora" is, or more accurately, which aspects of Pandora's play style you most want to get away from.

It sounds to me like your inclination is away from running a crew as a support for your Master, and towards running your Master as support for your crew. In that vein, I'd go with Hoffman, Nicodem, Kirai, and perhaps Hamelin.

On the other hand, if it's that you're aiming to get away from the Willpower-duel mechanics and death by a thousand cuts style towards more straight-up smashy death, then Lady Justice, Lilith, the Dreamer or the Viktorias would seem appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...