Reactivate and Fast

gnam

Question

If a model gains Fast and Reactivate, does it keep Fast for both the first and second activation in the same turn?

Fast has wording (which I don't have my book with me) that references activation and not turn, so I'm a bit confused by this.

As an example. Collodi gives a Stitched Together fast. The Stitched activates, uses 2 AP + Fast, the stitched then dies and gains reactivate. In the Stitched's next activation, is it still fast?

15 answers to this question

Is there a difference between Loaned Fast (Like Collodi or Student) and Written Fast (Ashes and Dust) in regards to once per turn?

Yes. Fast when it's an innate ability of the model modifies every activation.

When it's given to the model by an outside force it lasts one activation.

Is there a difference between Loaned Fast (Like Collodi or Student) and Written Fast (Ashes and Dust) in regards to once per turn?

Yes, there is difference, though it is not a difference in how rules work, just in the result.

First of all, Fast is not "once per turn" per se. It is "till next Activation". This is important distinction, because "once per turn" effects are very restrictive.

So if a model receives it from someone else and then activates, Fast is gone. It can receive Fast again and use it again when it Reactivates, but it cannot benefit from the original effect twice.

Fast written on the card is automatically applied each Activation. That means once such model Reactivates, it automatically gets it again.