Breaking ice pillars

KamikaZ

I played a game with a friend the other day and he had the strategy to kill my leader (rasputina) he was using perdita and her hicks as well as samael and 2 witchlings, I placed the ice pillars every turn to protect her but with 16" range and no need to hit they were broken constantly, the question I have is tactically what advantage do these pillars serve?

if you can simply break them by flipping a fate card and if its 4 or higher it breaks and if its not you can cheat it so it does

not all models are have the 4 damage as a weak or mid, and since there is no duel to hit I don't believe you can call triggers (like crit strike) for the extra damage, so they should have to cheat to high damage to usually break them, or use a strong hitter's ap, it can also knock them out of position, so now they waste that shot killing a pillar instead of moving up and shooting at you.

so its done by damage of model ie 2/4/5 because we were playing that you flip your card and it is card face number and on a 4 or above they were destroyed..... it confused me a tad but if its model damage then the strategic value of a hardness 3 pillar is actually extremely handy fr ras as she only has 3 def

That's right, it's much harder to destroy those pillars! Having to cheat a mod/severe card to break them is very hand consuming. And if they use their action doing it, they're often left exposed right behind it. Don't forget also that the destroyed pillar leaves severe terrain where it was.

not all models are have the 4 damage as a weak or mid, and since there is no duel to hit I don't believe you can call triggers (like crit strike) for the extra damage, so they should have to cheat to high damage to usually break them, or use a strong hitter's ap, it can also knock them out of position, so now they waste that shot killing a pillar instead of moving up and shooting at you.

Hmm what about people with baked in Rams for Critical strike, given they'd always have it active do they still miss out the chance to crit it?

Believe me when I say if this is the case my local rasputina player will be happy

Hmm what about people with baked in Rams for Critical strike, given they'd always have it active do they still miss out the chance to crit it?

Believe me when I say if this is the case my local rasputina player will be happy

If you are targetting Terrain then you make no to hit flip.

No Flip means no chance to activate a trigger.

Even if you only have 1 trigger an the suit in the stat, without the to hit flip there is no time to activate it.

Page 58 of the RM tells you exactly how to deal with them (or any other breakable terrain). It also clearly states that no triggers are activated.

I read that so that part I knew but it seemed to me that it was stating that you just flip a fate card and the faced number is wha destroys it, if that was the case its a waste of tactics as its destroyed so easily.... which as others have said is not the case so bring on the ice pillars lol

Once again, Pg 58 of the RM...

It states you make a Damage Flip This is a game term (as noted by the fact its capitalized and described on pg 44)

(I added the bolded part to bring emphasis)

Also in that paragraph it tells us that the newly destroyed section of breakable's is now severe terrain with a Ht of 0.

• 2 weeks later...