Zoraida, nurse & desperate merc

Dorian

So I was thinking. . .

Put a wound on desperate merc. (It now has + on attack)

(0) For my family (+3 Cb dmg ++, sac at end close phase)

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

Nurse gives desperate merc reactivate

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

Zoraida obeys desperate merc

(1) Uncontrolled fire

Thats 10 cb5 shots (albeit range 8) with + on attack, crit on rams 2/3/4 & ++ on damage. From one model.

This terrify anyone else?

Assuming you can keep the Desperate Merc alive long enough to put out all those shots, it's pretty potent. In fact you can even get another two uncontrolled fires out of the Desperate Merc by first using the voodoo doll's obey, then making a new voodoo doll with Zoraida and having that Voodoo doll also use obey. Hell, throw in a Sorrow and it could cast yet another obey as well. ;)

That said, you need to take the Nurse for more than just a Desperate Merc, such as an additional desperate merc, AZoraida, a few more sacrificial Terror Tot's/Wicked Dolls or some minions with Shrug Off like Papa Loco, Sue and McTavish. Otherwise it's just too costly for what amounts to a single turn of excessive shooting.

So I was thinking. . .

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

Thats 10 cb5 shots (albeit range 8) with + on attack, crit on rams 2/3/4 & ++ on damage. From one model.

Like Ratnard says, save 4ss and buy another Desp Merc instead of the Nurse. Same amount of shooting and a second option for your obeys if your opponent takes down the first DM.

So I was thinking. . .

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

(1) Uncontrolled fire

Well its really from 3 models. After all you're using the Nurses activation and some of Zoraidas (if you go for the 3 obey Zoraida turn then its 5 models to get the 14 shots).

With time inbetween each activation to get out of line of sight, or just kill it.

Looks scary on paper, less so on the tabletop. Its still good, just not that good.

another problem is if i remember the card right the crit with rams is only on the sword not the second hand pistol.

I like to poke them with the nurse with the +2 walk / +2 Charge and the +2 cb with melee and then give them reactivate, then voodoo doll, zorada (summon new doll) across the board

or instead of reactivate give them cant die and push them out into them so they know its going to hit with 4:+fate the flip :violin:too bad your limited to only get + 3:+fate, that and you cant get the +3 for your family till you activate but then you get your base 11 to hit!

Well I never tried it but in a Nico list I have done this

1) Turned a Merc Undead using the necrotic machine

2) Gave him reactivate from a nurse

3) Nico bolsters undead

Its two shots less then yours and an additional step, but the +2 CB means the other 8 shots have a lot easier time hitting