Nephilim Nate

Hello All,

So been playing for a few months now and I'm finding Lilith et al awesome. From here I'm going to count my Win/Draw/Lose and see how it goes. I first have to say I have found even a crew with Lilith, Terror tots, Young & Mature Nephilim's with Cherub have worked for most Strats & Schemes and against the 4/5 crews I fielded them again. That said I will be getting the Twins soon.

The first point I wanted to bring up was that of crew potentials and last night I tried something a bit different. My 35stones crew agains Nicodem was:

Lilith, Cherub, 2 Tots, 1 Young, 1 Mature and last of all Taylor (yes Taylor)

Now I've not spotted anyone else put this forward but Taylor offers a lot and by chance even more in my games yesterday as Nicodem had two hanged. At 9stones she is expensive however she hits hard (fitting in with the crew) with a 3" reach. Not only that but she has a magical (take that hanged) which ignore armor which can shatter constructs form 3" away. On top of this Hard to Kill, Hard to wound and lifer with Df 5 makes her more durable than a Mature Nephilim. I think I have made my point but understands there maybe better combo's but found her useful and really like the model. You can't beat people carry a big hammer (mainly as they beat you first)

Last of all a contribution to winning two games last night was the unlikely spell of Earthquake. First battle saw Line in the sand and though I want to stop them getting there so started Cherub Earthquake x2 plus one from Lilith meant everyone was starting 6" further up. Then with the second battle Joint treasure hunt I needed to beat his dogs there so same again whole crew mover up from the corner then though Lilith and Mature forward had the treasure Turn two and a line blocking the terror tot running it back to my deployment. In fact the second game saw me playing defensively with Lilth which was new.

Until Next time.....

:lilith :viktoria1

2/0/0 0/0/0

Fritz is right - Unfortunately Magical Extension is a "Once per Activation" spell. That said, Earthquake has some great potential in both moving your own crew up the board and preventing players from claiming or interacting with objectives!

In any case, it's good to hear you've been finding success with her! She really tends to be an excellent beatstick with some great movement/teleport tricks.

Taelor is a minion I hadn't really considered as an alt to the Mature. I always figured she was just too slow to keep up with the rest of the crew, although if it's just one model, with transposition you could probably get her to where she needs to be. Hmm, interesting...

I have thought about Taelor and Lilith together quite a bit.

I am glad to see someone else who has had success bringing her with Lilith, as Taelor is one of my favorite sculpts. One disadvantage she has is that she can not make use of Lilith's ability to companion a nephilim, but Lilith could still use this action with any of her other minions.

You are right, no double Earthquake from the cherub again. Still think it's a cunning plan and talked to my opponent and we agreed that the one extra 2" made little difference to the outcome.

As for Taelor she is a bit slow bit that kinda works as the rest run up and cause some mayhem then she gets there as a second wave and hasn't been targeted by anything/anyone. This means you can get her where she's needed i.e. by sprits or constructs.

I'm also gald to hear others like the model, think she's at least worth a try.

You are right, no double Earthquake from the cherub again. Still think it's a cunning plan and talked to my opponent and we agreed that the one extra 2" made little difference to the outcome.

As for Taelor she is a bit slow bit that kinda works as the rest run up and cause some mayhem then she gets there as a second wave and hasn't been targeted by anything/anyone. This means you can get her where she's needed i.e. by sprits or constructs.

I'm also gald to hear others like the model, think she's at least worth a try.

in general, I think taelor is really rather under utilized. Got problems with armor? throw taelor at it. Got constructs up in your grill? taelor it. Need to just beat the snot out of a beefy model...why sir.. look no further. 8 points in faction seems like a deal, 9 points out of... its still great deal if her strengths help out your strategies/schemes