Outskirts of Malifaux - PIC HEAVY

Demonn Agram

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

well, got another batch of MDF lasercut buildings. This time from Sarissa-Precision.

Western store:

101_1542.jpg

(it still needs bits to be glued (like window sills, sign on the front as well as those planks where cowboys tie their horses). I'll be gluing them after I paint the building)...

next, three Mexican buildings (for Ortegas to fight on :smile:)

101_1541.jpg

101_1540.jpg

101_1538.jpg

(the last pic is one building but I'm doing two out of it. saving money LOL)

all three together:

101_1537.jpg

I bow my head down to your Gremlin Shack. It captures Malifaux in its full glory.

Perdita/outhouse/hanging tree looks great as well. I'm sorry I got into this game so late on and your terrains give me newfound interest in the game.

Those two look a bit like they are in a nighttime enviroment.

Your terrains look like real creatures had life in them (or crap, in some cases :D).

You sir are an artist, not just a designer.

I think I'll be buying some BlackWaterGulch buildings when I start building desert/railways/"Once Upon Time in The West" styled terrain later this year after I finish my college duties.

I'm sorry I didn't do more terrains in my life, this looks like real fun.

I remember cutting all those pancakes for Warhammer 40K all those years ago.

That was a dull work (even if I did throw in some stupid details, those haven't made any difference).

Edited by Linus Mcmold
bad spelling

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hope it arrived by now :)

it's been far too long withou me posting here. but that's due to the new gig I got. Shane Rozzell from Figure Painter Magazine asked me to build a modular board for the game of Malifaux and write a series of articles about it.

the first issue is out since wednesday, if you care to check it out:

http://www.figurepaintermagazine.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=33

there is other cool stuff in there like an interview with 2012 Slayer Sword winner Karol Rudyk (yup, the guy who sold the Slayer Sword - you can find out why *grin*)

anyway, here's a bit of a teaser for the board:

600x600_zps7f75c2e5.jpg

so, the idea is to make it a two storey board. the bottom (on the blueprints above) will be the underground with crypts, sewers, basements etc (typical dungeon type) and the upper storey will have streets and what not (not really got to that part yet).

what I can reveal is that it'll have sh!tload of electricity inside and the modules will be completely interchangable with each other as well as with just rotating (of course you can do both)...