Random Malifaux minis for the boyfriend

Wings

Tat's probably the best painted Orian I've seen so far. NMM looks excellent, especially taking into account how small these minis are. Getting nice and smooth highlights on them is an achievement in itself and doing it NMM deserves recognition.

So here's how my Oiran looks after a bit more work on her last weekend. Is there anything else that needs more work or can I declare her finished?

Oiran_zps12182235.jpg

I also did some more work on Gandalf (he's most certainly not finished but I need a break from painting white) but I won't be able to get the photos up for a while.

I can't even remember any more! I'm avoiding going near my drawer of unpainted minis. I know I've got some Avatars to paint, and I think the Victorias, and then there are lots and lots of random minis accumulated since I discovered this hobby. It's nice to have them but I think they need a bit more love than they're getting.

Anyway, I decided to do without more sleep and sort out my photos of Gandalf. He needs lots more work but is at least covered in paint so won't make me feel too guilty while I neglect him.

GandalfMountedWIP_zpse7d16dff.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, another update. I haven't managed a huge amount of painting recently, and so these are all rough quick jobs that need more work when I have more time. Please point out anything you notice needs improvement! Otherwise I'm liable to overlook things when I finish them up.

First up is Simulacrum 29. He isn't my favourite mini by any stretch of the imagination so was just quickly dry brushed and washed in different colours. At some point I need to work out how to put a Bane mask on him.

Simulacrum29WIP_zps69f9ebca.jpg

Then there's this little guy. He's standing on a 40mm base (that isn't finished) and I've been meaning to paint him up for a couple of years now. I felt like painting something cute that was already assembled and easy to do.

TravellingCourtWIP_zps97e37c52.jpg

This is the one I'm happiest with as I managed to paint a different skin colour to what I normally do. I've no idea how to base her though - any suggestions? The main thing I have going round my head at the moment is a photoshoot as she's clearly posing rather than doing something effective.

AlexisWIP_zps3b1a6347.jpg

As I've said before, any comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated! And I'll try and get some more work done soon.

Thanks JBugman. :) I can't say I'm a fan of the model, but it's looking much better covered in paint and lots of different coloured washes than it did when it was sitting there, looking at me reproachfully for not even being primed! I've done one small change to it that I'll try and take photos of in the next couple of days, and I might even smooth out some of the layers if I can be bothered.

Small update! Last weekend I started working on a couple of tiny little Hasslefree minis. Here's where I'm going so far with Brooke.

BrookeWIP_zpsa1b2b29b.jpg

I did my last day of serious commuting today - on to (paid!) jobs that are much nearer my home now. Hopefully more painting will happen as a result!

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have an aversion to making bases. A bit more painting has happened, and I'm trying out taking photos with non-white backgrounds. Needs a bit of work but it looks a lot better already (I think).

First up is a slightly amended Simulacrum 29. I've retouched some of the metals and painted his mask on.

Simulacrum29_zpsfc9fcacf.jpg

I've also started assembling and painting the Viks. Here's where I am so far - she's a bit too dark at the moment but hopefully I'll manage to balance that out as I finish her.

ViktoriaBHWIP_zps017a6dc1.jpg

And finally here's the other Hasslefree mini I started painting recently.

GinaWIP_zps86e83801.jpg

As always comments and criticisms are much appreciated. :)