Alternate Puppet Card Project Preview

Tauwolf

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you a preview of a project I've been working on.

I'm sure my friends and I aren't the only players who have thought the Puppet Stat Cards are just too darn big. Any game using more than 8-10 puppets per side starts getting pretty crowded on each players side of the table.

I decided to see if I could make playing-card size puppet stat card that retained all the functionality of the stock cards.

The card set isn't quite ready to be released into the wild, but I wanted to share some previews with you. Enjoy!

RottenBelleFinal.jpg

TeddyRedFinal.jpg

BabyKadeFinal.jpg

MarcusFinal.jpg

Exactly Hugor. Hopefully this design will help solve a few minor issues, reduce a few small sources of aggravation, and make the game even easier and more fun.

Just a small update, the card set should be getting a test print today on a nice laser printer. We'll be looking for color and quality issues. I'll also start going through the set today for a final correctional edit. I'm an absolute nutter when it comes to precision - these cards will be perfectly precise to the pixel lol. And, apparently I love alliteration.....

After a test game or two, I'll let you all know where you can get the files.

Thanks for looking!

We aren't selling the files. It's no different than Ratty's Malifaux Photoshop card templates, and all the information and art on the stat cards is available on the Puppet Wars website.

Obviously, If Wyrd wishes us to not provide these files, we will not hesitate to take them down.

Just an update. I spent yesterday redoing the text of all the cards, since after the test print I realized there was room for a slightly larger font size. I also changed the colored panel on the backside to match the front's gradient. The set should be available this week.

Locally, we've decided to use the Master puppet cards that come with the game. There's just too much information on them to try to cram into such a small space. I'll include cards for the Masters in the set, though.

• 2 weeks later...

lol you couldn't just ask me in person? :)

I'm waiting to hear exactly what needs to be changed (Wyrd's understandably asking for copyright info to be added). I'm in a holding pattern, waiting for the exact text to add so it only has to be done once, but I would expect the files to be available online again later this week.

We've played several games with these cards now, and they make a very significant difference in the space needed to play a game of Puppet Wars.

Thank you to everyone who has been following the development of this project, and for all the awesome support. The wait is almost over haha.

Assuming the copyright issues can be resolved with Wyrd, I'm definitely keen on getting myself a set of these. I'm one of those people who much prefer to keep my Malifaux cards folded nicely into a card sleeve rather than laminated and twice the size, I'd love to have a printout of these smaller cards. :smugpuppet1

These will be great once available! They look terrific.

The only change I might suggest would be reducing the attachment side's box containing abilities and/or actions to just the vertical size necessary for the text. That would decrease the space needed beneath a puppet with multiple upgrades attached. Just a humble 2¢ thought...

Cheers

The only change I might suggest would be reducing the attachment side's box containing abilities and/or actions to just the vertical size necessary for the text. That would decrease the space needed beneath a puppet with multiple upgrades attached. Just a humble 2¢ thought...

Cheers

I agree they would then act like the cards out of Super Dungeon Explore.

Cheers

Thanks!

As for the box size, in the files I have all the design information for each color card in a standard template. I turn on the layers I need and turn the others off. I played with the idea of sizing the text boxes to the text, but it made for a very random look across the whole set of cards and made the workload per card *much* larger for only a small table-space savings. Using a standard template keeps things nice and tidy.

Thanks!

As for the box size, in the files I have all the design information for each color card in a standard template. I turn on the layers I need and turn the others off. I played with the idea of sizing the text boxes to the text, but it made for a very random look across the whole set of cards and made the workload per card *much* larger for only a small table-space savings. Using a standard template keeps things nice and tidy.

Thought that might be the case. If that is the price that makes it possible to put a great idea into fruition, I'll pay it :fing02:

• 4 weeks later...