Rasputina; Infinate killing machine!?

Smokey616

Aright guys! Quick question regarding rasputina;

When she casts (0) Biting Chill, which automatically triggers again if not resisted, does biting chill just keep going indefinitely? Or at least until a df resist is passed?

Seems strange for a (0) action. But then trigger happy can go until you run out of cards!

And can anyone clarify the wording on ice pillars? It says "this spell may only be cast once per CREW, per turn." does this mean if 2 opposing crews both have ice pillars then only one can cast it per turn? Or does it mean you can cast it once for your crew and once for the oppositions crew? (for cover and for movement hindrance respectively)?

Cheers O Learned Ones :)

Aright guys! Quick question regarding rasputina;

When she casts (0) Biting Chill, which automatically triggers again if not resisted, does biting chill just keep going indefinitely? Or at least until a df resist is passed?

Seems strange for a (0) action. But then trigger happy can go until you run out of cards!

Yes. You keep rolling the spell on the target until several possible stops:

1 - you fail to cast it.

2 - the target beats the TN to resist it

3 - the target is reduced to 1 Wd. The spell can't kill anything. Just freeze the hell out of it.

It's strong, but the balance is in the difficulty to cast.

And can anyone clarify the wording on ice pillars? It says "this spell may only be cast once per CREW, per turn." does this mean if 2 opposing crews both have ice pillars then only one can cast it per turn? Or does it mean you can cast it once for your crew and once for the oppositions crew? (for cover and for movement hindrance respectively)?

Cheers O Learned Ones :)

In a Rasputina mirror match, you get to cast your Ice Pillars once and your opponent can cast Ice Pillars once making the board quickly thick with ice. Sounds like an awesome time.

I'm pretty sure Overpower on Bitting Chill will only stop if:-

-you fail the cast

-The resist is made

-The spell fails to deal damage (either a damage prevention flip, or because it can't lower them to below 1 wound)

Actually I don't believe that if they are on 1 Wd it does stop casting. You still deal damage, it just doesn't reduce them below 1 Wd. So you technically have to cast it again regardless.

It's an incredibly silly area of the rules thanks to recent rulings that removed common sense from what constitutes 'doing damage', but that's what we have to deal with right now.

I could be wrong, but can't triggers only be activated once per action (spell, attack, etc) and thus biting chill would only be able to be cast twice (assuming it triggers) per turn?

Yes, and no. If a trigger asks for another duel to happen, that duel can, in turn, activate another trigger. Some specific ones state that they can keep going until something, like the conditions mentioned above, cause them to finally stop.

Again just remember that Biting Chill's restriction doesn't stop you casting the spell, and doesn't stop you dealing Dg; it stops it doing Wd. Under the current (very bizzare, but authorative nontheless) rulings on Dg and Wd, this means that you have to keep casting Biting Chill until you fail to cast it, even if it does no Wd each time.

No, triggers which say "after dealing damage" refer to the entire damage resolution process, and if you fail to inflict any Wds (either by Wd Prevention flip, or something like Biting Chill's restriction) than the trigger doesn't go off.

Remember, it's the difference between 'damage' and 'Dg'. The word 'damage' refers to the entire process, including the application of Wds. I know, it's a bit confusing, and I don't particularly like it either, but that's how I remember it now, that 'damage' is different from 'Dg'.

No, triggers which say "after dealing damage" refer to the entire damage resolution process, and if you fail to inflict any Wds (either by Wd Prevention flip, or something like Biting Chill's restriction) than the trigger doesn't go off.

Remember, it's the difference between 'damage' and 'Dg'. The word 'damage' refers to the entire process, including the application of Wds. I know, it's a bit confusing, and I don't particularly like it either, but that's how I remember it now, that 'damage' is different from 'Dg'.

I don't think this is correct.

"After damage" happens after everything is inflicted, but is still only dependent on damage being dealt, not turned into wounds.