Pandora Avatar Conversion

PandoraAvatarArt.png

Some time ago I bought and painted the Pandora Avatar Form model, and this is what I shall be converting into Pandora's new Avatar of Insanity.

PandoraAvatar-Front.jpg

The following image is what I used to base my conversion on. Unfortunately, the following model is on a 50mm base, so that is what I used before I got a look into the third book.

avatar_insanity_candy_petulant_child.gif

I started this conversion by altering the original base Pandora's avatar is standing on, using pliers to mutilate the plastic. I elevated this over my 50mm base with tentacles sculpted from polymer clay.

Between the tentacles I used a paste composed of flour, water, and glue to pile up what is going painted to be earthen matter.

TentaclesofMadness-Raw-.jpg

TentaclesofMadness-RawDetail-.jpg

Having gained access to Book 3, I have henceforth cut the 40mm inset from the 50mm base using a file and a razor.

BaseCut1.jpg

BaseCut2.jpg

I cleaned up the inset with a pair of nail cutters and a file, then fixed it to an actual 40mm base on a stack of nickles (to weight the bottom), which I have also halfway filled with the same flour paste from before.

40mmBase1.jpg

Edited by KirigakurenoHaku

Along with Pandora's avatar comes Candy, the Petulant Youth:

PetulantArt.png

Obviously she has had some time in her new body since her transformation at the end of Book 2. Such will not be so true in my sculpt of Candy. My hope is to capture her in the instance of her transformation.

Here is what we have:

CustomSculpt.jpg

As you can see (I hope) I have maintained elements of her original outfit- the frilled dress, the barrettes, the basket of sweets.

SculptDetail.jpg

With a little tidying up she will be ready to be baked in the oven. What I shall be doing is fixing her frills which I flattened while holding her,texturing her candy basket (and maybe adding a few candies spilling out), and putting some rips in the dress which nould not be far too tight around the girl's new body.

Edited by KirigakurenoHaku

Light blue text on white background??? Dude. You really think that's 1) a good idea and 2) somehow cool?

At least it's not white on white. And yes, blue does fall into the category of cool colors.

Seriously, though, I don't see it as such a bad idea. I have yet to meet anybody offended by the color, and, quite simply, I enjoy it. I do not choose this color for others' satisfaction, but rather for my own pleasure. I'm sorry that it irks you so, but at the same time it strikes me a quite the inconsequential thing to worry about.

OP. Cool idea...looks good so far. Any chance you're going to attempt suction cups on the tentacles.

Thanks. At the time I made the tentacles I didn't have an image to work from, and I hadn't though of putting any on, but including those suction cups shouldn't be too difficult of a feat. I could quite easily make a bunch from the flour paste which I will be sure to do shortly.

Thanks for bringing that up! ^_^

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, because I think your conversion is awesome, but aPandora is on a 40mm. Sorry.

Well I do believe you are right. The image I have shows her on a 50mm. It would seem that the Internet trolled me without even trying.

This shouldn't be too complicated to fix, though, seeing as the inset in the 50mm base is 40mm in diameter. If things work out as I hope them to, I should be able to recover the basing from inside this base and either sand it down to fit inside the 40 or mount in on top of it. Or, if my basing proves too sturdy, I'll just cut away the plastic base and mount that.

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! I quite appreciate it.

You should watch Bambi and take a lesson from Thumper.

Thump-thump-thump-thump-thump.

Seriously, though, I don't see it as such a bad idea. I have yet to meet anybody offended by the color, and, quite simply, I enjoy it. I do not choose this color for others' satisfaction, but rather for my own pleasure. I'm sorry that it irks you so, but at the same time it strikes me a quite the inconsequential thing to worry about.

I'm not offended by it, but I certainly won't try to read it. I, at least, post on public forums mostly so that other people would read and perhaps react to what I've written thus resulting in a change of ideas. Were I to randomly choose a colour for my text that would make reading said text an unlikely event in the case of many, I would certainly reconsider.

But yeah, keep on doing what you're doing if you feel that it's the best way forward to you. Also, don't bother responding to this with blue text if you wish to engage me further. If you want to write for your own pleasure, then naturally feel free to do so.

I'm not offended by it, but I certainly won't try to read it. I, at least, post on public forums mostly so that other people would read and perhaps react to what I've written thus resulting in a change of ideas. Were I to randomly choose a colour for my text that would make reading said text an unlikely event in the case of many, I would certainly reconsider.

But yeah, keep on doing what you're doing if you feel that it's the best way forward to you. Also, don't bother responding to this with blue text if you wish to engage me further. If you want to write for your own pleasure, then naturally feel free to do so.

That's fair, that's fair.

I can see where you're coming from, and I certainly do hope that I've not upset you.

Henceforth, when interacting with you, I shall then use something a little more bold. If others approach me with the same sentiment I may just make the change more permanent.

(I do so enjoy that particular blue though...)

Perhaps it would be better if I made the text bold in conjunction with that blue?

Only Rathnard is cool enough to pull this sorta nonsense off! :)

I dig the original attempt to capture the rules manual pandora look. I think leaving the suction cups off to distinguish yours further from the default sculpt will not only save you effort but also look interesting - not convinced 'tentacles of madness' would actually come from an octopus!

Only Rathnard is cool enough to pull this sorta nonsense off! :)

I dig the original attempt to capture the rules manual pandora look. I think leaving the suction cups off to distinguish yours further from the default sculpt will not only save you effort but also look interesting - not convinced 'tentacles of madness' would actually come from an octopus!

Rathnard does make pink look so good. ^_^

I like the way you think! You bring up a good point about creating a distinguishable difference while, at the same time, saving me labor!

I'm still undecided as to whether I want to include the suction cups or not, but you certainly offer something else to be considered.

(Is the text better bold?)

So here is the progress that we have made:

I spent much of yesterday with a pointed file trying to relieve the 50mm base of its 40mm inset. Once I finally broke through at one point I finished the job with a razor, cutting Pandora free of the the base.

BaseCut2.jpg

The result of this left me with with Pandora elevated on a 43mm disk and a 50mm ring that I can use as a base for later.

BaseCut1.jpg

I'm going to sand down the disk some and mount it an a standard 40mm base that I will likely load up with pennies to create a weighted bottom.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, because I think your conversion is awesome, but aPandora is on a 40mm. Sorry.

Final Battle Final Fantasy

Who Are The Best Characters In Final Fantasy

Buy Final Fantasy XI Gil

Online Gaming At Its Best With Final Fantasy

Buy Wow Gold For Game Users

Buy Wow Gold Cheap On Website

nice take on the model! really interesting! love it

Thank you kindly! ^_^

It won't be too long now until she's all done!

No worries. This has already been brought to my attention and I am just about finished with preparing the model to be set into a 40mm base. ^_^

I have finished altering the 50mm base from before into a disk about 40mm in diameter. I have fixed the model to a 40mm base, elevated on a stack of nickels glued together. These nickels serve a secondary purpose other than adding dimension to the base, they also weight the base so that Pandi won't be as top-heavy.

40mmBase1.jpg

I have begun filling in the space between the bases with the flour paste. Before I finish with that I want to take some time to decide whether or not I want to add some tentacles coming out from in between the bases.

What do you all think? More tentacles?

Looks cool, I wish I could sculped like that, I can only kit bash. Mad props for making kandy.

Have you tried sculpting at all yet?

All we can do is make use of the resources available to us. I lack all of the bits from those kits, but I do have this polymer clay which I've made use of for the past couple of years. The inverse, I imagine, is true for you, having the bits but not the clay, no?

All the same, the things you achieve with your models is something worth mentioning! ^_^

Thank you for the kind words, Andrew.