Blast damage on Supply Wagon?

snord

Question

Hi all,

We had a game today and the strategy was Shared Supply wagon. One of the players was playing Rasputina, and she did an attack against another model generating 4-damage blasts that extended to the supply wagon (hardness 3).

Question is: can the wagon be damaged by blasts?

Rules manual, page 98 says:

Models may attack the wagon markers with melee attacks only.

Player's argument was that he did not attack the wagon, he attacked another model and that RAW does not prevent blasts from damaging the wagon. Judge ruled that by RAW, the blasts would indeed damage the wagon.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

I was the one who took the shot.

I'm just going over the Rules for breakable/hardness and there is no reference anywhere saying terrain is immune to Blasts or Pulses, but admittedly it only refers to attacks in general targeting it, with no reference to indirect damage. I'm looking at P58.

I'm a little reluctant to ask the following questions because it can lead to severe abuse:

If a terrain piece it targeted with an attack do blasts still happen?

If a piece of terrain is attacked at range (not the wagon), do you need to check if it engaged.?

Can you attack a piece of terrain that is not Breakable?

**Edit: just double checked and book sais models can attack terrain with breakable, so I'm assuming normal terrain can't be attacked.

Edited by CannonFodder

I'm just going over the Rules for breakable/hardness and there is no reference anywhere saying terrain is immune to Blasts or Pulses, but admittedly it only refers to attacks in general targeting it, with no reference to indirect damage. I'm looking at P58.

Pulse, pg 20: "It simultaneously affects all models..."

Blasts, pg 46: "Any model, other than the initial target..."

As I pointed out in the initial response, blasts (and now pulses) don't do anything to terrain, because terrain isn't a model.

If a terrain piece it targeted with an attack do blasts still happen?

Page 58: "When damaging Breakable/Targetable terrain, make a Damage Flip only (it may still be Cheated). Do not add blasts or perform any triggers."

If a piece of terrain is attacked at range (not the wagon), do you need to check if it engaged.?

Can you attack a piece of terrain that is not Breakable?

Page 44: "The attacker declares the target of the ranged attack, and then flips one Fate Card for the target and each model in the target's melee range as well as any enemy model engaged with the target."

Also, the definition of engaged, pg 39: "Models in range of an enemy's melee Weapon, or with an enemy model within their melee Weapon range..."

Hopefully you're seeing something of a trend in the responses here by this point ;)