Multiple Blasts on One Model

Saracenar

Question

At first this didn't seem a problem to me, but after realising just how deadly it can be, and reading the rules again, I was suspicious.

I've been playing blasts by placing one partly over the target, and then a second also touching that target, and assuming it does double damage. But I don't think that's right anymore.

So how do multiple blasts hitting one model work? Last game I played it that a model touched by one or more blast markers only suffer one set of damage, as the rules seem to indicate. Just want to be sure of what to do.

Thanks.

11 answers to this question

Any model, other than the initial target, touched by one or more blasts suffers damage one severity lower than what was inflicted on the target.

Emphasis mine. You can stack the blasts by chaining them to have multiple overlap the same target but they will only suffer the effects once.

One thing I would ask related to this, is to do with the Red Joker. If I get the Red Joker on damage that inflicts blasts as part of it. Can I then hit a model with more than 1 set of damage.

For Example: - Model 1 is hit with a weapon

- Flip Red Joker for damage, and a moderate.

- Model 1 takes Severe damage and Moderate damage.

- Model 2 can be hit by blasts from both Severe and Moderate thus inflicting Moderate and Weak amount of wounds on Model 2.

OR : - Model 2 can be hit by blasts from both Sever and Moderate, but is only inflicted with wounds equal to Moderate.

I had a moment at a tournament today where I had a Red Joker in my hand, and was running close to time. So didn't want to waste time with a discussion over this, and so used the Red Joker elsewhere.

Oshova

I would think the target model would take severe + moderate damage, as usual. Blasts would then generate off of the severe damage inflicting moderate damage (one step down) to all surrounding models. I don't believe the red joker would factor in beyond the extra damage to the original target.

... but I could be wrong.

With a red joker as a blast on the damage there aren't more blasts made compared to a severe, the additional damage is added to the original target, with the rest just being a normal severe blast.

Why would the rest be severe? Wouldn't it be moderate since blasts inflict the next tier down?