lazarus proxy for my freikorps

TimeLapse

Hey all, im not the best at scratch building or painting but I wanted to play laz so I built this.

I painted it to match my freilkorps and even gave it a red lighting bolt to match. The model is built out of alot of other things and bits I had and I think its a good proxy.

2011-10-08_02-00-28_720.jpg

2011-10-08_02-00-34_281.jpg

2011-10-08_02-00-43_281.jpg

2011-10-08_02-00-52_273.jpg

Here's my proxy I know its a bit boxy but I think I got the feel of the model.

What do you think? Also if you have something you used as a proxy for laz post it, it does not have to be scratch built/kit bashed like mine.

-Andrew

Edited by TimeLapse

Very nice! I was actually just looking at various things yesterday with a proxy for Lazarus in mind. I wanna run him with Ramos or Levi. I am sort of thinking about trying to utilize a Guardian's torso, but I'm not sure how to pull off any of the rest of it. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing war-gaming long enough to have a box of saved-up random pieces or anything.

Can lazarus be used with Von Schill? He's not actually Freikorps, and therefore not part of Von Schill's Special Force. Unless I've missed something, but I just checked in the Crew Creator and he's not there as an option for a Von Schill led crew.

Good point.

Only way you can do it is if you have another Master leading the crew (like the Viks) and then choose to include some of the Freikorps in there as well.

Nice model, very Lazarus-y (!?)

Is that a 40k gatling?

As for it being legal, it says on Von Schill's entry in Rising Powers:

"A crew led by this model may only hire Freikorps models and Mercenary models. A crew containing this model may ignore the two Mercenary model limit."

Lazarus is a Mercenary.

Crew creators are not rules.

Still, the crew creator IS pretty handy, even if there are still a few bugs left in it.

They are both fixed now.. if anyone does spot any more give me a PM. most of the time it's good, but I introduced that error late in the day after I had written the code for Lazerus.

looks really good, boxy steam machine :) :congrats:

Yeah I am griowing to like him more and more, the way I see it lazarus is a Composite of other bits and pieces of other robots he found so his shape could vary, so this could be early days for the Construct.

As for its inclusion in the list van schill alows any mercs to join him and laz is a good fit. Lazarus has amour that can not be ignored so he kinda fits that way, adding something that can use scap counters means between him the trapper and von schill I can limit summening armies effectiveness by quite a large margin. I would go as far to say that laz fits in a freikorps lists better then he does any other list but that's IMHO.

When I first picked up twisted fate I just assumed that lazarus was for levy and skipped over him in fact I was bummed that freikorps really didn't gain anything from the book. It was not till I started to read all of the models abilities one by one that I discovered that I was wrong about old laz man and now its just an awesome model to play.

Thanks all for your comments,

Andrew