Drawing: Green Justice~

Spiku

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ophelia, Avatar of Wevelation!

What's Wevelation?

By the by, was it you on the ophelia vox? That was some impressive Gremlin support if so ;3

Amusingly this all started from a mispronounciation of LaCroix as LaCruce. So Bruce LaCruce came about, a Crocodile Dundee joke Gremlin alligator (crocodile) hunter with tooth necklace and machette as big as himself, give him things like scout, bonus vs animals, that's not a knife riposte vs others with swords, and an action that could remove insignificant for the duration of his activation. We thought it was funny ;3

When we first talked about an Avatar Ophelia in the household, people were suggesting all sorts of ways to make her height 2 to get over Hamlin: Riding a pig, a still turned into a motorbike, a Bayou hovercraft, a scrap Cadillac... it went on. I did like the pig mounted Ophelia but then Som'er did it! So I think having an ability or what have you that would let you remove insignificant in mêlée would have been fun; bad enough you have to get her that close, should at least be able to jump on Hamlin's feet a bit ;3

What's Wevelation?

By the by, was it you on the ophelia vox? That was some impressive Gremlin support if so ;3

Amusingly this all started from a mispronounciation of LaCroix as LaCruce. So Bruce LaCruce came about, a Crocodile Dundee joke Gremlin alligator (crocodile) hunter with tooth necklace and machette as big as himself, give him things like scout, bonus vs animals, that's not a knife riposte vs others with swords, and an action that could remove insignificant for the duration of his activation. We thought it was funny ;3

When we first talked about an Avatar Ophelia in the household, people were suggesting all sorts of ways to make her height 2 to get over Hamlin: Riding a pig, a still turned into a motorbike, a Bayou hovercraft, a scrap Cadillac... it went on. I did like the pig mounted Ophelia but then Som'er did it! So I think having an ability or what have you that would let you remove insignificant in mêlée would have been fun; bad enough you have to get her that close, should at least be able to jump on Hamlin's feet a bit ;3

Wevelation = Revelation, as in Perdita.

I like the motorbike idea. And yes, that was me on the 'vox!

What about the ability to do a more powerful mimic/assimilate, with the ability like lazarus to keep them for the game as well as making them stack, but at a cost.

A couple of different varients might be bettwr, maybe melee, gunslinger, caster, summoner and undead. You manefest a particulat type depending on who you are playing, choosing in a multi-player game.

Thanks again for the kind words =3 I'll draw some more stuffs up on the weekend.

I also agree the switching thing is not very suitable; I mean, if she were to have something like that, it would make more sense to let her have a spell that she can replace with one from the target master at some arbitrary cost.

The thing is that Ophelia's character is pretty established in that she has plagarised Perdita, and there is a background supporting it. For her to be able to switch at will in taking the character of someone else seems to be breaking away from what has been established. Lady Justice Ophelia was more a ponderation of what could have happened if she met the death marshals first. Sure we know she values human gear, there's probably all sorts of weapons, clothes, snatched magazines, bottle caps and who knows what back at her base, but I can't imagine she'd have a wardrobe of costumes and matching weapons for each person she encounters ;3

I think my picks for avatar Ophelia would definately be more like, riding a piggy with pistols akimbo or something. I just -want- a Justice LaCroix, preferably with some sort of way of disabling Insignificant during her activation, because full melee gremlin with other gremlins shooting over her head (or each other) into combat makes me giggle!

I third the title of avatar of imagination.

While it may not be very fluff friendly, who cares as long as its fun?

Besides the fluff seems to bend and warp at times.

The only reason I say that is that neither the desolation engine or the steampunk abomination were mentioned before book 3. When discovered in twisting fates nobody knew what they were.

Levi has been making them since book one! Surely somebody has seen one somewhere -_- *mini rant over*

Regardless great job on the art.

I third the title of avatar of imagination.

While it may not be very fluff friendly, who cares as long as its fun?

Besides the fluff seems to bend and warp at times.

The only reason I say that is that neither the desolation engine or the steampunk abomination were mentioned before book 3. When discovered in twisting fates nobody knew what they were.

Levi has been making them since book one! Surely somebody has seen one somewhere -_- *mini rant over*

Regardless great job on the art.

I think she'd be Imitation, not Imagination. Imagination is the Dreamer's Shtick.

Imagine this...how about,instead of Ophelia...we get another clan of inbred backwoods swamprats...err I mean Goblins that come down out of the far reaches of the swamp and encounter humans the way that Ophelia did...except this time its

Seamus and his belles terrorizing a border town.(Gremlin voodoo. I think it would fit)

Collette and her showgirls practicing for a performance as a distraction for smuggling or stealing something.(Cross dressing goblins and scrap metal mannequins. what more could you ask for?)

Hoffman traveling with his machines.(Mecha goblins in scrap boilerplate making steam engine noises)

Marcus running with his animals. (AHHH attack of the Were-Pig!)

Or for really really scary ideas...Picture the Goblins that get it in their heads to try and imitate the Nephilim. and imagine what happens if they actually succeeded.

Edited by Dark Alleycat

Edit: + of course thanks again for the kind words~

Avatars are only for Masters aren't they? Sort of sticks us.

It's annoying because Ophelia can only be used with Som'er at high point games; can't play with Zorida at brawl level.

Clearly, we need an alternative "Master" stat card for Ophelia use with Gremlins at higher points =D Like how in warmachine you have alternatives versions of Casters~ It does seem she needs some sort of update, just because they invented the pigapult and can't use it properly.

It's a shame that having her able to Avatar into a Ophelia copy of the enemy Master would be impractical as far as miniatures go

I think my favorite thing is how Green Justice's sword is so huge she needs help carrying it. I'd like to see this theme keep going: Green Death Marshals could have each coffin could be strapped to a pig, while Green Judge could have a crazed piglet on a chain. Sure, it's not as slick as the real Judge's kusari-katana (or whatever one would call it), but flinging a bundle of rabid pork at someone's gotta do some damage, right?

Edit: + of course thanks again for the kind words~

Avatars are only for Masters aren't they? Sort of sticks us.

It's annoying because Ophelia can only be used with Som'er at high point games; can't play with Zorida at brawl level.

Clearly, we need an alternative "Master" stat card for Ophelia use with Gremlins at higher points =D Like how in warmachine you have alternatives versions of Casters~ It does seem she needs some sort of update, just because they invented the pigapult and can't use it properly.

It's a shame that having her able to Avatar into a Ophelia copy of the enemy Master would be impractical as far as miniatures go

you just have to be creative

you just have to be creative

That's the thing, you can use it creatively, but you can't use it 'properly'

It's called the pigapult, and you cannot fire pigs with it.

Sure, you can still use it to fly gremlins around and do fun AND effective things, it's still a bit odd that you can't fire pigs with a pigapult.