Quick executioner question

Smokey616

Heres a quick one for ya;

Executioner Vs. Von Schill

Hard to kill has just brought Von schill back up to 1 wd. The Executioner socks him again, taking him to 0 wd, and slow to die goes off. No soulstones left so be stabs the executioner with his (1) ap action. Executioner then takes his remaining wound and slow to die goes off. Von Schill gonna die so the executioner walks toward his next target... ... Then our newbieness smacks us right in the jaw... Is Von Schill removed from play in time for loves the job to heal executioner. Or do both die because Von Schill wasn't removed from, in order to make loves the job do it's magic?

Cheers dudes :)

I think the order would be executioner strikes von schill killing him triggering the slow to die at which point von schill kills the executioner . the executioner dies cause von schill killed him before he "actually dies dies " . the executioner does not heal wounds til the target is killed and removed from play . and before von schill left play he killed off the executioner .

I believe this is the way it would work .

As I see it.. the Executioner would die.

• Von Schill drops to 0Wds
    • Von Schills Slow to Die kicks in
    • Von Schill Attacks.
    • Executioner drops to 0Wds
      • Executioners Slow to Die kicks in
      • Executioner is still at 0Wds at the end of it
      • Executioner Dies and is Removed.

[*]Von Schill Checks if he's still on 0Wds

[*]Von Schill Dies and is Removed.

So the Executioners Slow to Die happens entirely inside Von Schills Slow to Die. So he is alread dead when Von Schill is removed.

Cool wasn't sure whether to resolve STD in the order they happened or resolve whichever interrupted first... If ya know what I mean. Strange though how if I'd have sat back and let Von Schill hit me first the executioner would have survived! I also had abuela ready to bark orders once he finished his activation, would have been better to activate her and have a pop at "matriarchs care", maybe give the executioner a second wind rather than relying on LTJ. we live and learn :) cheers guys

I keep searching for that LTJ vs LTJ post that was ruled on, it had a real nifty chart of how all those interrupt things broke down.

Edit: I don't remember the details, all i remembered was if Exec A kills B with a strike, B STD kills A that A somehow lived in that circumstance.

Edited by Akujie

I keep searching for that LTJ vs LTJ post that was ruled on, it had a real nifty chart of how all those interrupt things broke down.

Edit: I don't remember the details, all i remembered was if Exec A kills B with a strike, B STD kills A that A somehow lived in that circumstance.

Seems a little on the strange side to me. Surely if on of em gonna live the other should. They have the same ability that only goes off when someone removed from play. I suppose the difficult part is deciding who leaves first

I had a similar question but with the Snow Storm.

The Executioner hit and killed the snow storm.

The Snow Storm shattered and killed the Executioner.

Is the executioner then able to use love the job to heal his wounds because he killed the snow storm even though it was the snow storm shattering that killed him?

I had a similar question but with the Snow Storm.

The Executioner hit and killed the snow storm.

The Snow Storm shattered and killed the Executioner.

Is the executioner then able to use love the job to heal his wounds because he killed the snow storm even though it was the snow storm shattering that killed him?

executioner dies

Ex hits Snow

Snow dies

snow shatters and kills Ex

Ex uses slow to die

cannot do anything is removed from play

snow is removed from play

No love the job

What stops the executioner from rewacking snowstorm causing another interrupt...

so,

Exec wacks SS, SS dies

(Interrupt begin) SS shatters killing Exec

(2nd Interrupt begin) Exec STD strike rehits SS

(2nd Interrupt cont.) Finish with STD strike, check for killed on target

(2nd Interrupt cont.) SS removed from game, LTJ heals Exec

(2nd Interrupt finish)

(Interrupt cont.) Check status on Exec, at full life, so proceeds

(Interrupt finish)

Resolve status of initiat strike (SS already removed so nothing to check anymore) action complete.

Add string of questionmarks....actually this thread prolly needs to go to rules forum.

What stops the executioner from rewacking snowstorm causing another interrupt...

so,

Exec wacks SS, SS dies

(Interrupt begin) SS shatters killing Exec

(2nd Interrupt begin) Exec STD strike rehits SS

(2nd Interrupt cont.) Finish with STD strike, check for killed on target

(2nd Interrupt cont.) SS removed from game, LTJ heals Exec

(2nd Interrupt finish)

(Interrupt cont.) Check status on Exec, at full life, so proceeds

(Interrupt finish)

Resolve status of initiat strike (SS already removed so nothing to check anymore) action complete.

Add string of questionmarks....actually this thread prolly needs to go to rules forum.

wrong the red never happens

Ex hits SS

SS dies and shatters

killing Ex,

Slow to die

nothing to hit Ex removed from the game

SS removed from the game

no love the job