My Malifaux Log:

Lordgimpet

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally managed to get some time to work about more on my Malifaux Terrain.

First I finished the ramp sections for the elevations. I made a total of 4 which i feel is plety for a 3 foot table.

I am toying with the idea of embedding magnets to help things stay in place during games.

Those that have the Terraclips versions will know about the small tabs in place to prevent models from sliding down the ramp after some brief testing.

the only models that slid on mine were those on 40mm bases or greater due to weight like LCB or a Ice Golem etc. I plan to fix this by placeing small

clear strips of clear tape to form small lips to keep the model in place.

P1010288.JPG

I also now have made the first test piece of the raised modular elements. The plan i have with these is to make several styles ranging from 6 x 6 inches 6 x 3 inches and

6 x 6 "L" shaped. some open some enclosed. all should be modualr and stackable with each other.

P1010290.JPG

P1010291.JPG

P1010294.JPG

I also had a spark of innovation and decided to make matching base inserts for my Guild crew.

P1010298.JPG

here is one of the inserts placed over the terrain. just hope I can match the colours

P1010300.JPG

Hopefully I can get back to finishing my pandora crew and test some ideas for when my nightmare LCB arrives. just summer here and trying to paint in that heat is kinda insane and tends to demotovate me. However I will soldier on.

• 3 months later...

Ok It has been awhile, for me due to short term unemploymment and second I have been side tracked on other painting projects. however with a new job and time to put paint on my malifaux minis again.

So I have my Pandora crew again on the painting table, much to the relief of my gaming friends as they know if she is there they won't face that crew :P

so here are some sorrows i finally finished.

P1010329.JPG

P1010331.JPG

P1010332.JPG

and the Crew so far

P1010335.JPG

To come is a Madness and the Doppleganger hope you enjoy the pics.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the love, surprisingly the 3mm foamcore is not flimsy and can support models fine.

Though I havent stacked multiple large models like Nightmare chompy or a Peacekeeper.

The floors themselves are just PVA glued to the side but, before I do that I stick a series of toothpicks in the center of the board and pierce them into the a joining part that both pins the parts in place while they dry and adds strength to the overall building.

Finally i run a bead of glue along the join on the underside of each floor like a weld of sorts that dries clear and hardly visible. this also improves the support of each floor.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement guys and gals

My latest challenge. and to top it off I had 3 weeks to do it, and for me thats not alot of time.

I spent the first week just assembling and green stuffing the model, All I can say is OMG what a pain :P but I did get it base coated and initial shading.

P1010005.JPG

P1010015.JPG

This is after at least 9 layers of shading/high lighting only to have me pick it up again the following day not realising I had a spot of wet paint on my fingers which had transfered to the model, So after inventing some new colourful words I had to do some repair work as the deadline approched.

Ok added to all the other problems getting the fig done I can justly say it has been a nightmare

P1010017.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010018.JPG

• 3 weeks later...