Zoraida and Collodi, Book 1 and 2 only

Dolomyte

So in my local league I need to play a game with all four of my factions masters to get some sweet bonus points, I refuse to play marcus and ramos so that leaves me neverborn to draw from.

I already know what I am going to run with Lilith, Pandora, and the Dreamer, for zoraida i've hit a bit of a roadblock.

I'm thinking

Big Z

Collodi 8ss

Marionettes x3 6ss

wicked dolls x3 9ss

Stitched x2 10ss

7 SS cache.

My only real concern are the stitched, who I think will get left behind by the speed of the rest of the list.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

Edit - The reason I dont have book 3 stuff is because I don't like to play with models that are not released.

Seen this played. Worked ok. YOu have to spend a fair amount of time protecting Colodi, he can get pretty far out of position leaving Zorida out to dry.

What I am thinking of is taking out the stitched and putting JuJu in. That gives you a fair amount of punch and have it come out right where you need it.

I'd drop the wicked Dolls, add another marionette, and add the doppleganger. Look at Collodi's abilities and how much you would love, even if it is just for the first turns buffing, to have the ability to copy them and use them again. Zoraida can summon the dolls if you need them, and they can jump right to Collodi to support him from wherever Zoraida plunks them down.

See, I thought about working the doppleganger in, but I was not sure how I wanted to do it.

the wicked dolls are too sweet to move out, if you activate them after collodi you could potentially 0 action them next to him (after his marionettes dragged them into your enemy), and take 4 paired attacks (fast + Melee expert + 2 general ap), which on the kill shot will add more wicked dolls!

I dub this, the Doll bomb! =p

So in my local league I need to play a game with all four of my factions masters to get some sweet bonus points, I refuse to play marcus and ramos so that leaves me neverborn to draw from.

I already know what I am going to run with Lilith, Pandora, and the Dreamer, for zoraida i've hit a bit of a roadblock.

I'm thinking

Big Z

Collodi 8ss

Marionettes x3 6ss

wicked dolls x3 9ss

Stitched x2 10ss

7 SS cache.

My only real concern are the stitched, who I think will get left behind by the speed of the rest of the list.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

Edit - The reason I dont have book 3 stuff is because I don't like to play with models that are not released.

I played this very list against Sonia got 7VP to 0. I left Zoriada in my deployment zone and just used her to summon wicked dolls each turn, and obey a friendly models (stitched) to move them forward. Admittedly if Sonia was able to get her blast out I would have been really hurt but that list works well, but my opponent got stuck by the walk or pass ability of the wicked dolls.

Don't forget wicked dolls are like alps, and your opponent needs to make a separate flip per wicked doll in range.

Don't forget wicked dolls are like alps, and your opponent needs to make a separate flip per wicked doll in range.

This is not the case, nor is it the case for alps.

It has been ruled that one or more (alps), or two or more (dolls), requires only one flip for the ability.

It's a bit confusing because they all have that ability, but its the or more part that makes it only have to pass the flip once.

the wicked dolls are too sweet to move out, if you activate them after collodi you could potentially 0 action them next to him (after his marionettes dragged them into your enemy), and take 4 paired attacks (fast + Melee expert + 2 general ap), which on the kill shot will add more wicked dolls!

I think you'll find using the (0) action to teleport to Collodi will make using the (0) action to make a new wicked with the kill shot a bit hard to pull off... :)

Still, the whole "my crew is here and now it's there poking needles in your face" thing is fun to pull off.

Perhaps Juju or 2 Sulurids would be faster replacements for the Stitched.

Alternatively you can keep the Stitched back by Zoraida while Collodi's group goes roaming.

I'd drop the wicked Dolls, add another marionette, and add the doppleganger. Look at Collodi's abilities and how much you would love, even if it is just for the first turns buffing, to have the ability to copy them and use them again. Zoraida can summon the dolls if you need them, and they can jump right to Collodi to support him from wherever Zoraida plunks them down.

Can the doppelganger copy zoraida's doll producing ability? Popping out two a turn seems like you could have a nice little doll factory in back shooting them up to collodi.

I don't think so, the doppleganger cannot copy abilities that reference a model by name and create voodoo doll specifically references voodoo dolls, even though that's not what you're making with the power.

Also I thought I remembered a ruling about dopplegangers not being able to summon other models irregardless, but I may very well be wrong about that,

I have been running Big Z and Collodi these last few weeks and really enjoy playing it.

My list looks like this:

Big Z

Collodi

4x Marionettes

3x Stitched Together

2x Desperate Mercs

5ss Cache

I dont find my Stitched Together getting left behind. I use them and the Dsperate mercs to cause as much damage to the enemy as possible. I use Big Z to summon wicked dolls behind the stitched together so I can heal them. While that is going on Collodi will work on Strats and schemes or will hold back behind the stitched bluffing them.

The Stitched normally die by turn 4 but by then they have killed most of the enemy and collodi just finishes up.

I have been toying with removing a stitched and the 2 mercs to include the Hooded Rider.

How do you use the Desperate Mercs? Just wondering cause I always thought they are pretty crappy and generally used to kill them yourself for some benefit (e.g. eye counters for coppelius).

Look at their statlines again, Desperate mercs are AMAZING for 2 point models, they are good for counters and stuff, but they have similar / better stats and abilities to some 4 and 5 point models.

Edit - I know that did not answer your question at all, but I will use them as a normal member of my crew, if they advance with one of my slower heavy hitters, if he / she gets into trouble from shooting she can off a merc for a healing flip, and in combat with a wound they can do some pretty good damage.