Copellius Shenanigans

Hermitpermit

Now I was playing a game a couple of days ago with my buddy who plays Dreamer and he did something bizzare that I didn't understand how it worked. I saw our local henchmen do it also so I looked at the cards to try and find a way around it but I don't know how they are both doing it.

Copellius strikes his own units, they take no damage and he gets eye counters. It says very specifically on his card that those guys take moderate damage and eyes but not no damage and eyes.

Can someone explain to me this trigger or is this a case of people not reading cards properly. Thanks.

??? My head hurts at this. As far as I know there isn't a way for Coppelius to do no dmg to his own side and still get an eye counter. Zee has a way to do it in a way by running Coppelius in a Hoffman list and attacking something with high armor, but even then the attacked model is taking at least one dmg.

The only way I can see how this would even be possible was if he attacked his master with it and then burned a SS to prevent the dmg coming in and was lucky enough to prevent all of it.

There's no way Coppelius can get an eye counter without something either taking (Moderate with a crow or Severe) damage or succeeding on his Hallucinations spell and making that living or undead model fall back.

Looks like you were bamboozled. Next time call Shenanigans and have them explain. Because you can't really do it that way.

As a Dreamer player, I would love to know how they are doing it.

According to the book there are 3 ways to get eye counters.

1 - When inflicting severe damage with Long Clawed Fingers (and they would get poison 2)

2 - Remove Eye trigger (no damage flip, target takes moderate)

3 - Hallucinations spell (only works on living or undead and model immediatly falls back)

So technically if the dreamer had some living or undead models and was willing to have them fall back, it would be possible to get an eye counter with no damage.

BTW "Bash" wouldn't work as its not a Long Clawed Finger attack.

There's no way Coppelius can get an eye counter without something either taking (Moderate with a crow or Severe) damage or succeeding on his Hallucinations spell and making that living or undead model fall back.

Looks like you were bamboozled. Next time call Shenanigans and have them explain. Because you can't really do it that way.

I believe that only Living models fall back (unless things changed). So if the Dreamer player has an Undead, they can Hallucinate it for "free" eyes.

I have no idea what model it could be though.

I believe that only Living models fall back (unless things changed). So if the Dreamer player has an Undead, they can Hallucinate it for "free" eyes.

I have no idea what model it could be though.

Don't have the book or cards with me but isn't the night terrors undead and a nightmare?

Don't have the book or cards with me but isn't the night terrors undead and a nightmare?

Nope, its a spirit.

The only way to do this without dealing damage to things is to cast Hallucinations on a living or undead model.

Yes, but it wont say that in the book. ;)

You sure? I dont remember it being one.

In which case you could Hallucinate it for eye counters.

Edited by Calmdown

This is incorrect. Non-living models are not immune to anything. There are effects that don't work on them. For example Terrifying only effects living models via its description. Immunity to Moral duels has to be given by another trait. For example Undead or construct. Nightmares however,... just non-living models, and not immune to moral duels.

Granted I might be missing a rule somewhere but thats what I get from reading the rules.

This is incorrect. Non-living models are not immune to anything. There are effects that don't work on them. For example Terrifying only effects living models via its description. Immunity to Moral duels has to be given by another trait. For example Undead or construct. Nightmares however,... just non-living models, and not immune to moral duels.

Granted I might be missing a rule somewhere but thats what I get from reading the rules.

Oo! If only I had a handbag ;) cheers dude. I still got malifaux L plates :)