Best Demo Army?

Gryphon

Howdy,

I'm looking at putting together a demo army for my shop. If anyone had suggestions for what they believe would be the best army I'm all ears. I was going to do Sonnia Criid Witch Hunter's Box; but now that I have them all painted up I'm kind of attached and don't want someone jacking them up. I picked them because they looked cool and they were in my hand. Now that I have time to reflect other important factors might be:

• Ease of play
  • General audience appropriateness
  • Flavor of Malifaux
  • Not entirely one dimensional

Any stand-out starter boxes in those regards?

Thanks!

Sherman

Gryphon Games & Comics

Fort Collins, CO

I usually demo with Lady Justice w/Guild Guards and Rasputina. You get to see ranged, melee, and casting all in a couple turns, along with easy to explain and use triggers and abilities. They're both very straightforward and devastating, allowing the demo players to catch on quickly, and have fun at the same time.

Lady J vs Seamus. The scenario is that Lady J is trying to apprehend the most famous serial killer in all of Malifaux, Seamus, and he is trying to get away by putting as many Rotten Belles between him and the Death Marshalls as possible.

This has several things to recommend it. First of all, there's dead hookers. Second, there's a clear backstory but one you can explain in half a minute. Third, there' not many different sorts of Models and aside from Seamus, everyone is pretty straightforward.

For demos I normally run Rasputina vs. Viks. It's a solid demo because your new players can easily choose shooty or melee and both crews are fairly straightforward.

I would personally shy away from outcasts altogether. Mostly, because the faction breaks so much of the core game.

Rasputina seems like a good choice to me. Another nice crew to consider is Lilith.

I would personally shy away from outcasts altogether. Mostly, because the faction breaks so much of the core game.

Rasputina seems like a good choice to me. Another nice crew to consider is Lilith.

This is true, but I've found the Viks to be great for folks with 0 tabletop experience, simply because each model in the box set is a unique character and the only thing close to synergy is the Viks themselves. For whatever reason, the newer gamers seem to be drawn to that individuality.

Plus they are twins and sort of anime' looking and that gets a lot of attention.