Avatar-Inspired Lord Chompy Bits and Dreamer

popg0estheworld

You are quickly reaching legendary status in my cool-o-meter.

I've literally never been so impressed by any creative endeavours as I have been with the 3 three crews I've seen you working on. It's staggering. You have genuinely inspired me and Im looking at the potential in my own models in new ways thanks to you.

You are quickly reaching legendary status in my cool-o-meter.

I've literally never been so impressed by any creative endeavours as I have been with the 3 three crews I've seen you working on. It's staggering. You have genuinely inspired me and Im looking at the potential in my own models in new ways thanks to you.

Thank you very much. This is one of the nicest compliments I have ever received. This is what I strive for, and hopefully I can bring some of the same to the Wyrd studio work I am now doing.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, wow, wow. very characterful and exciting work you've done here!

It is inspired by the Avatar art (obviously), but also a little bit of Where the Wild Things Are, and The Neverending Story.

Each of these influences comes across very clearly, without looking like a direct copy of any one piece. You've wrapped up many of my fondest memories of childhood into one warped, twisted, and dangerous heap. The only thing missing is a touch of Mervcer Meyer - perhaps a Kerplopus, Little Laff, or Zipperumpazoo.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright- I had a few hours this last week to actually dedicate to painting, and I got LCB done...

Dreamer006.jpg

Dreamer002.jpg

Dreamer003.jpg

Dreamer008.jpg

Dreamer009.jpg

Dreamer005.jpg

To answer some of the previously asked questions, LCB is pinned into the plasticard in three places, and the plasticard is three sheets thick. He is sturdy as hell. The only weak point is the wooden sword, which already broke off once, and will likely do so many times in the future (much to my chagrin).

Next up- Coppelius and lone Dreamer (with Daydream).

I forgot to address the chalk drawings on the back of the wall- I wanted to have some children's artwork featured in this crew (which will feature more prominently in the other models in the crew), so instead of just approximating what a child would do, I enlisted my 4 year old niece to draw me some pictures of Lord Chompy Bits. She did so with great fervor, only explaining that the pictures she drew were actually of Lord Chompy Bits Mom. So, you have a chalk drawing of Lord Chompy Bits' mom that I copied from my niece's drawing on the back wall. You will see some clearer pictures of 'her' on the other crew members.

I forgot to address the chalk drawings on the back of the wall- I wanted to have some children's artwork featured in this crew (which will feature more prominently in the other models in the crew), so instead of just approximating what a child would do, I enlisted my 4 year old niece to draw me some pictures of Lord Chompy Bits. She did so with great fervor, only explaining that the pictures she drew were actually of Lord Chompy Bits Mom. So, you have a chalk drawing of Lord Chompy Bits' mom that I copied from my niece's drawing on the back wall. You will see some clearer pictures of 'her' on the other crew members.

That's brilliant!

I am blown away by what you are doing with this crew. It's the sort of blown away where I go back and forth between inspiration to do my own models and despair that I should just through away my stuff because its crap compared to this. Honestly, I believe that's a sign I am viewing something truly great!

Brilliant! My crew is all based on candy and/or candy-giving holidays. M&M Daydreams, Haloween Teddy, Christmas Teddy, and Easter Teddy. I'm having trouble deciding how to convert the Stitched Together into sacks of candy, but Coppelius will be offering a jawbreaker instead of an eye.