Card covers

junkenstein

I got them laminated at a local print shop. Cost about $12 CDN for 60+ cards but I had to cut them out myself (came back as one huge sheet of laminate). Took a few hours, but worth it. They look great, feel sturdy and handle dry erase markers really well.

I transport them in one of those double wide Ultra Pro deck boxes. They fit perfectly.

I've been thinking about laminating mine. I use a 14 page book now but it's almost full. (and will be when my GenCon order gets here)

Using the double wide Ultra Pro deck boxes is a good idea.

Yeah man, it's a good setup. I just counted, 60 cards exactly. The box isn't even half full. In fact, I could probably triple that before I'd have to consider a second box.

Sleeves. The word you are looking for is sleeves. Not cases, slips, covers, plastics, or whatever random word that comes to mind. Sleeves. Don't be a YuGiOh player.

That out of the way, I laminate my cards. We have one of these http://www.officemax.com/office-supplies/laminating-binding/laminating-machines/product-prod1812115 at work that we use for making our store gift cards, and it is just big enough to hold the 3.5"x 5.5" sheets, which are great for the Malifaux cards. There are 1/8th" margins around 3 sides, and the forth edge is about 1/2", great for notes or whatever.

I store them in a dollar store accordion-file style coupon holder.

Yeah man, it's a good setup. I just counted, 60 cards exactly. The box isn't even half full. In fact, I could probably triple that before I'd have to consider a second box.

I use one of these as well for my laminated cards. So far holding all neverborn models, all gremlins, hamelin's crew, hoffman, and lucius. But come to think of it, mine is dragon something, with a magnetic clasp, not ultrapro

Keep an eye on this Laminator at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-Inches-TL901/dp/B0010JEJPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313367997&sr=8-1

About twice a year it hits the Gold box for 20 bucks. It works really well. I have laminated a few hundred cards now and they all look great.

It seems right now is one of those times. I just bought it for about $23.

i've been using 3.5" x5" toploaders and like them a lot. The hard plastic gives you good protection and it makes the cards easier to handle. A lot of the guys at my store have laminated their cards and it looks great.

I just bought a laminator from amazon thanks to the above posts though!

Does anyone know if the stat cards come prefolded if you buy them from the Wyrd store?

i've been using 3.5" x5" toploaders and like them a lot. The hard plastic gives you good protection and it makes the cards easier to handle. A lot of the guys at my store have laminated their cards and it looks great.

I just bought a laminator from amazon thanks to the above posts though!

Does anyone know if the stat cards come prefolded if you buy them from the Wyrd store?

yes they do

Keep an eye on this Laminator at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-Inches-TL901/dp/B0010JEJPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313367997&sr=8-1

About twice a year it hits the Gold box for 20 bucks. It works really well. I have laminated a few hundred cards now and they all look great.

So I read this thread a week ago and checked out the link to the Scotch Thermal Laminator. It was on sale for $23 so I picked it up. It came in last week and I bought some thermal packs (3.5 x 4.5 I think) and they turned out really really good.

Thanks for the recommendation Nilus. I had been looking for a good solution to protecting and using the Malifaux cards as they are not designed to be sleeved easily. I will be laminating all cards from now on.