Schemes for Rasputina

edonil

So, I'm curious what schemes people commonly take with Rasputina? This is one of those areas of the game I haven't gotten to mess around with yet, just because of life and running more demos than playing normal, but I know I need to learn it in order to play competitively. Just looking quickly over the list, Assassinate, Reflections on December and Kill Protegee seem to be good ones. Any others I'm not thinking about?

Schemes really depend on the strategy too. For example if you have Destroy the Evidence then Breakthrough isn't a bad choice, but you'd never normally take Breakthrough with Raspy...etc. It's hard to give Raspy a list because she's not the best at objectives in general. Her lists are so immobile. I try to take things that can either be done whilst killing people, or can be done whilst pursuing whatever strategy was flipped (although this holds true for most masters tbh; passively achievable objectives are the best).

Ya I have to say I am not a huge fan of bodyguard with her now maybe with her avatar coming out I would be a bigger fan of that scheme she is just to slow with no defense.

Like most masters, she's fine as long as she has soulstones to burn. And it can be quite dangerous to get close to Rasputina if she hasn't already activated, because she's going to spam Biting Chill at you. The problem is, she rarely has soulstones to burn since she likes to use them to nuke things. The more I play her the bigger my SS pool is getting...at the moment I'm not running her with less than 6 and preferably 8. I hate putting myself at a 'points on the board' disadvantage but she benefits from it a lot.

Um, I think you people have forgotten something... With Snow Storm, it's quite possible to have an Ice Golem or Gamin in the opponents half of the table at the end of turn one. Foul Weather is your friend.

I have been taking Power Ritual if I get standard Deployment, take a Sabretooth on one side, Snow Storm on the other with some Ice Gamins. If you're lucky, your opponent will concentrate their force to one side, Sabretooth goes on the other. Interact, move, leap, then stalk at the end of the turn. Puts him in a good spot for the far corner in turn two, whilst the Gamin interacts, walks, Snow Storm does Bad Weather, then brings the Gamin closer, Foul Weather, brings the gamin closer. Turn two sees the Sabretooth take the corner, and start towards corner four, with the rest of the gang approaching from the other corner, ready to take out the opponents as well...

depends on deployment for me

usually i take bodyguard and hold out

hold out is automatic if its corners deployment as raspy's ice pillars can cut off 1 flank of approach for the opponent.

raspy isn't meant to be alone. the silent one should always be within 6" to either double back to freeze the enemy (and that allows raspy to walk back to destroy said enemy) that tries to take out raspy via melee or serve as her arc-node.

i tried sabotage / plant evidence but didn't like it has it forces me to make to many choices for snow storm (with accompanying gamins) most players end up killing snow storm (+ gamins) because they are so near and raspy is too far away to provide any good support.

The more I play her the bigger my SS pool is getting...at the moment I'm not running her with less than 6 and preferably 8. I hate putting myself at a 'points on the board' disadvantage but she benefits from it a lot.

Aye I find myself in same boat with her, I constantly take the extra SS instead of 2 schemes.