So we need mroe info on minions.

Mentat_Canis

http://twitpic.com/639edc This is the first piece of info I have seen for the Arcanists and it looks great for 4 points I will lose a gamin to get an extra spell a turn with Raspy or an extra activation with Colette.

Who was a Gencon who can give us some info on Fire Gamin Decembers' new bro and the Mistress of Ceremonies I am not looking for stats or pics just general overview I am still waiting for my book please come soon.

Fire Gamin are pretty much what you'd expect. Stats similar to Ice Gamin. Armor, When they die they blow up with a pulse 2 of dmg, if you hit them with melee you suffer a wound, it has smoldering heart, and a couple of ways to spread burning tokens around. And Sonia can take them in her crews but they become Rare 3 if she does so.

Angelica is the showgirls mistress of Ceremonies. She has an aura which makes friendly showgirls immune to falling back and that rallies any showgirls who fall back into it. She has an ability that prevents her from being controlled, and one that let's her switch positions with another showgirl after deployment but before the game begins. She has a Hooked cane for Melee with decent range and dmg, and a ranged weapon, her voice, which can drop low dmg blasts that other showgirls are immune to. She also has a few positioning tricks to use with them.

Blessed of December is a melee beatstick for Tina or Marcus. It is unique and has Hard to wound, frozen heart, December's pawn, Stalker, Terrifying, Melee expert, Grave robber. It can burn corpse counters for healing flips, has on onslaught type trigger with it's bite, and a Maul style trigger with its claws, and a flay style trigger with its bite. It can leap, and has a way to cause moral duels at range.

The Slate Ridge Mauler is a rare 1 beast which is another melee beatstick with hard to wound, immunity to dmg blasts, auras, and pulses, Gets meaner and hard to kill when its wounds drop.

And we also have the union Minor. A good solid low cost minion that works very well in numbers, but you'll need to bring Kaeris along if you want them in any kind of numbers as they are an M&SU Asset.

Somebody also heard during the weekend at GenCon that Kaeris' box set would include 2 Gunsmiths (male and female) and 3 Fire Gamin. Not sure if that's 100% true, but if so, we'll be seeing the Gamin very soon then I think.

And yeah, the Arcane Effigy will be AWESOME for many lists. I'm even considering it for Ramos just for doing more Surge casting or stuff like that. The best part about the Effigy is that you can take both a Totem AND an Effigy if you want, and then even though the Totem will disappear if you Manifest into Avatar form, the Effigy will stick around. It's a pretty sweet little model.

I feel almost ashamed to never, ever have considered a "bear" type Minion for Marcus. I'm glad Wyrd's designers are more clever than I, and that they're ready and willing to put their unique spin on it.

Tangentially related to Marcus: what, in general, does the Arcane Effigy do? I'm likely to snag one eventually for Collodi (who has a ton of great new options in the new book,) but I'm interested to find out what all it does for Arcanist masters.

Lobo, How are you planning on taking an Effigy and the Totem? The only way I can see you doing it is if you bring a Henchman as well and attach the totem to one and the Effigy to the other since the Arcane Effigy also has the "If you bring this model the leader loses the ability to attach totems." Am I missing something obvious in the minion's stat line?

Lobo, How are you planning on taking an Effigy and the Totem? The only way I can see you doing it is if you bring a Henchman as well and attach the totem to one and the Effigy to the other since the Arcane Effigy also has the "If you bring this model the leader loses the ability to attach totems." Am I missing something obvious in the minion's stat line?

No, you've got it. I had partly forgot about that, but partly remembered that the plan involved Henchman and/or other Masters in a Brawl. For instance, Ramos and Hoffman in a Brawl, with both the Mobile Toolkit and the Arcane Effigy....Hell yeah. :) LOL

Raspy and Kaeris in a Scrap with both the Arcane Effigy and an Essence of Power....oh yeah. Just have the Essence ping back and forth between whoever needs the Link for the :+fate damage flips. :D

@ Nephalumps: The primary thing the Arcane Effigy does is that it has an action to grant an extra AP to another model, as long as it's used for Cast or Channel actions. It's also got a decent ranged attack and a decent spell, one of which can make people discard cards, IIRC. Also, it uses it's Ca for it's ranged attack instead of Cb, and I think it's a 6, right? Sorry, no book in front of me.

I feel almost ashamed to never, ever have considered a "bear" type Minion for Marcus. I'm glad Wyrd's designers are more clever than I, and that they're ready and willing to put their unique spin on it.

Tangentially related to Marcus: what, in general, does the Arcane Effigy do?

I love that bear - the only semi-downside is that it is Ornery so can't be companioned. It is also something new that Myranda can turn into.

The more beasts that come out, the better Myranda gets - she becomes more and more versatile.

The Arcane Effigy will become an almost auto-include with Marcus I think. It gives a casting AP to the master. If anyone could use that, it's Marcus. With that he'd actually be able to 'Howl' and 'Alpha'.

Doesn't Marcus' Avatar allow you to ignore Ornery and then Companion 2 beasts though?

Yes but IMO, you can't build a list based on the Avatar abilities. You probably won't see it until turn 4 at least, the bear could be dead by then - the Avatar may not come out at all - may be out of position - too many variables. My initial thoughts are that the Avatars should be considered second when list building.

Edited by dgraz

I love that bear - the only semi-downside is that it is Ornery so can't be companioned. It is also something new that Myranda can turn into.

The more beasts that come out, the better Myranda gets - she becomes more and more versatile.

Agreed. One of the things Miranda has suffered from in the past is that its usually easier to just buy the beast you want up front, and not have to worry about her shapeshifting.

However, as the pool of beasts she can turn into grows, her versatility becomes more attractive because its that much harder to fit everything you want into a list!

The Arcane Effigy will become an almost auto-include with Marcus I think. It gives a casting AP to the master. If anyone could use that, it's Marcus. With that he'd actually be able to 'Howl' and 'Alpha'.

Well that just sounds lovely. :D