Malevolance's Malifaux Mini's

Malevolance

I really like lady J's hair what colours did you use for it?

I really liked painting Lady J... except her hair... it may look amazing, but it's everywhere...

Anyway, her hair started off Scorched brown, then Scorched brown/red gore. Then a little scorched brown/red gore and blood red. Then wash with brown (Gryphone sepia), this was then highlighted blood red with a very small amount of scorched brown and blood red for highlight. Time consuming but worth it in the end I think. I think it looks quite striking but is muted by the tones of her clothes so it doesnt come across too over whelming.

I ordered the alternate sculpt Lady J so may try something different when this one arrives. I will try to get a pic of my Guild crew once they are all finished.

Wow thanks all :)

To go with the Silent One which I too am quite pleased with I painted up an 'arctic' Cerberus for my Arcanists...

sabertooth_cerberus_by_reallybigfish-d46mqls.jpg

I also have for you nice people a Death Marshall, I tried to copy the front of the mini rules manual as best I could while still keeping it 'gaming' friendly and not silly height. In hindsight I should probably of had him leaping over a gravestone, but just getting him to sit comfortably on the base was enough work for one evening. He fits my guild basing 'theme' of half wooden slat bases though...

death_marshall_by_reallybigfish-d46mri0.jpg

Currently working on a Student of Conflict totem for Justice, pictures to follow...

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I know I haven't updated this thread in a while, but you've seen Justice, heres my Judge for your consideration.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/255/9/4/the_judge_by_reallybigfish-d49ntnt.jpg

Currently on my painting desk alongside an Austringer is an Alt Justice who I noticed is quite a bit smaller than regular Justice... but perhaps scaled better with her crew. Pictures to follow...