LORD of STUFF

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello all you masters and minions alike. It's been far too long since I painted something 'Faux so some upcoming tournaments are as good a reason as any to crack on with it. I still mean to finish my Seamus and Molly crew but right now I've got bat issues to finish off. Avatar Harley and Ivy, Avatars of Mayhem!!! counts as Avatar Viks for those new to the thread. Critique welcome as always

post-7658-13911926962248_thumb.jpg

post-7658-13911926962821_thumb.jpg

post-7658-13911926963392_thumb.jpg

post-7658-13911926963951_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

And I'm back. Briefly anyways. Deliverance III is coming up son and I'm aiming to get my Seamus & Molly crew done. With only Molly and a hand full of Belles done so far, I may need to pick up the pace as the tourny is next weekend.

In the mean time here are some hookers. The bases aren't finished in this photo.

post-7658-1391192869884_thumb.jpg

Proxying, although problematic at times, isn't exactly what I was getting at, though.

Each villain has his or her cast of hired goons, mechanical creations, etc., and rarely work with the other major villains for long. So, being able to have them all join the same crew is kinda overkill.

Ramos is a functional Mr. Freeze. Think of Electrical Fire as an ice ray and the spiders as the best solution he could come up with in this alternate timeline. Ramos' body doesn't need to be walking around as a mere flammenwerfer wrangler.

Lilith, especially after her tree-tastic avatar was released, is already a functional Poison Ivy.

Hoffman is a good fit as the Riddler, an unappreciated genius making a fresh start in Malifaux.

Levi already dies and comes back a la Ra's Al Ghul...Misaki most certainly does not meet those kinds of statted abilities.

An exception might be that while Seamus is a great Joker, maybe pair him up with your Beckoner or Colette Harley, even if you have to use her as Molly.

I like the work you've put into these, and I like the results. I understand it's a matter of aesthetics and personal preferences. I just think you're trying too hard by stretching not just the alt paint schemes, but giving them stats for a whole other model.

Thanks to all for the kind words. I should have the big man himself painted by tomorrow.

I_was_like_you, you make a good point. I must admit I don't think I seen the wood for the trees, especially the Ra's Al Ghul/levi similarities. Makes for some new modeling project ideas in the future. :) As much as I tried to get characters to have matching rules (or as close as) the initial challenge was for a single crew. It was a stand alone painting project that grew legs after the first 5 model were finished and the idea kept coming. Now I think there are a few more options I can try.

Cheers