Oi

Irish Rebel

Hello, I'm Evan, and I'm addicted to wargaming....

Feels good to get that out. Dropped 40k completely a few weeks ago and have finally committed myself fully to Malifaux. Been into Wyrd product since '09, but I just recently got into the gaming side vs the painting. Since I no longer endulge in GW product and haven't really gotten into Warmachine, I had to find a new forumn as Heresy no longer fulfilled my interests in conversation.

Hope to show off my Outcasts some time in the near future, as soon as I get my ass in gear and finish the minis I have before buying more :P

Cheers

Thanks guys. I noticed that a lot have dropped GW. Got rid of everything I had on ebay aside from some minis I had just to paint. This forumn seems pretty laid back from what I have seen so far, no real whining or complaining. I have yet to venture into the rules discussions, but overall the general fan base for the game is much more laid back than most other game systems. I think I will fit in fine :)

I was having a look at the Iron Painter entries, and at first thought I would enter. Now I am having second thoughts, those entries are pretty damn amazing. Haven't checked, is there a tutorial section?

Hi there, your totally right, the people here are great.

The fan base and friendly laid back attitude of most people in the Wyrd community is probably the biggest appeal for me. Lots of companies have good quality minis, and Wyrd certainly have a niche here in the market with their awesome strange range...and the game system is quite original in many ways, but the community really makes it feel like home.

Welcome to the best place to be in the gaming community!

Hello Irish Rebel,

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to PM me any questions you might have, and I'll see if I can answer them, and if I can't, I'll find someone that can.

As far as painting tutorials go, they seem to be more frequently found by looking through the showcase and reading through the posts. People tend to ask how something specific was done, and the thread owner generally just answers in the thread. That being said, there are some tutorials, I would recommend searching for specific stuff you're looking for though.

Be sure to get pictures of the mini's when you start painting! We'd love to see your work!

- Acefisher1

Welcome to Wyrd, have a pack of cookies (slips you some cookies), just no telling people where you got them all they'll all want some ;) One thing that is very evident on these forums is that people are far friendlier than some other forums I can mention (strangely they all seem to be largely GW focused). After the few months I've been visiting these boards I've yet to see a single instance of someone trying to flame or put down someone elses comments and input, very refreshing to say the last and something I've not seen since I frequented Ravenloft forums!

I hope you enjoy your stay with us as much as I'm enjoying mine :)

After the few months I've been visiting these boards I've yet to see a single instance of someone trying to flame or put down someone elses comments and input, very refreshing to say the last and something I've not seen since I frequented Ravenloft forums!

I hope you enjoy your stay with us as much as I'm enjoying mine :)

It happens a bit, just usually not as.... intensely as some other places!

Either way, welcome to the community!

• 1 month later...