Next Models - Judge and Austringer

jeffb007

Hi guys,

Hot off the back of finishing my first model I've now finished 2 more, Judge and an Austringer if the title didn't give it away! I thought I would share a couple of pics.

3 models in two weeks is actually a crazy amount of character painting for me, I think it is testament to how much I love the models Wyrd have produced and their background.

5676506_ac0465ae15_m.jpeg

5676504_796c93891b_m.jpeg

Let me know what you guys think! I've got a Death Marshall in progress as well. I've got a huge queue of stuff to paint as I also just picked up the Ortegas, Lucius and my wife has some Arcanists on the way. Should keep me busy for the rest of the year.

Also does anyone have any varnish recommendations? I've got some Vallejo matte mixed 1:3 with water that looks good on test models, but I'm too scared to apply it to these at the moment!

yep, really good, professional work for me. Yes, the "501 Wranhler jean's" looks very nice. I'm waiting for your Marshalls, because i still searching a ideal conception of match of colours befor i'm painting my own three death guys.

My last idea is to paint them as Alucard from Hellsing, but i'm still waiting with work on them.

Absolutely love the Austringer!

He's the next model on my painting schedule and I might have to pinch your colour scheme!

Haha, feel free! From the look of your models though you don't need to steal anything from me though. I spent a long time looking at birds of prey before deciding on the colours for the raptor.

Good idea with the bird research!

Going back to your original post– I use a can of Testors Dullcote I picked up from Firestorm Games on my minis. I was really nervous about wrecking them but I gave each model a couple of good coats with the spray and you can hardly tell there's anything on there.

I've now also finished a Death Marshall, so will try and get some pics up tomorrow. At the moment the light is rubbish here, being night time! For the person who asked for a denim tutorial, I'm planning on doing my Executioner next, if I decide to go with denim for him as well I'll take some pics then as I think the larger area will show it better.

Ok folks, rather create a new thread I'm gonna add my Death Marshall here, drum roll please!

5683564_277a98bf1c_l.jpeg

5683565_18bcab2508_l.jpeg

Hopefully you like him. I've taken the first picture as well for how I paint denim. I'll take wip shots where appropriate and post a little guide for those who are interested when I'm done. Thanks for reading and the good feedback so far!

Hi Folks,

I've also now finished my Executioner. This means two things, firstly when I play tomorrow I will actually be playing a game with all my models painted. This has NEVER happened before. Secondly I've got the pics needed to do a quick guide to how I paint denim. Is there somewhere on the forum that should go or am I better off linking out from this thread to my own blog?

The big guys is below!

5685216_67608fe65e_l.jpeg

5685217_12c9aa57cb_l.jpeg