questions!

papasmrf667

Hello I currently have the LaCroix box set. I am going to order some more. Can Leveticus and Ophelia team up in a brawl? The end goal is to be able to play a 70 point game. I'm confused on using henchmen in a brawl can any outcast master take any outcast henchmen? Who would you guys recomend pairing with Leveticus?

Normally, yes, a Master can team up with any Master in his or her faction. Henchmen do not use a Master spot in a brawl, but you get an extra 10SS for giving up your second master which is more than enough to hire any Henchman.

However, in your case, Leveticus and Ophelia both have special hiring restrictions. Leveticus can only hire undead and constructs. And in a brawl, Ophelia can only be hired into crews containing Gremlins, Pigs, and Vermin.

Hope that helps!

70SS is too big.. Why do you aim so high? :S

Personally I don't even like small SS Brawls (but that's mostly for balance) - Malifaux is a skirmish game, keep it small, Scraps are where it's all at..

Anyway..

In a Brawl Leveticus can only work with the following:

Ramos

Hoffman

Hamelin (very limited crew composition)'

Collodi (as a Henchman, ie. not a second Master)

Ophelia is a Henchman so cannot lead a crew in a Brawl and even has a weird rule restricting her use in Brawls altogether - she'll only team up with Som'er as your one and only Master in Brawls.

Okay nice I did some re reading through the crew composition. Thanks guys! We want to try a 70ss game with two masters sounds fun, but I could see why it would take a long time too.

I am going to get

Leveticus box plus desolation engine, ryle, hollow waifs, canine remains

Do I need any additional SPA?

Edited by papasmrf667

Okay nice I did some re reading through the crew composition. Thanks guys! We want to try a 70ss game with two masters sounds fun, but I could see why it would take a long time too.

I am going to get

Leveticus box plus desolation engine, ryle, hollow waifs, canine remains

Do I need any additional SPA?

For 70 points....yes

you can summon them and other SPAs and the Deso Engine can make them when the kill someone

a lot of em hahaha

I disagree Wodshow,

I think Levi should be able to team up with Nicodem:

Pariah states Levi can only hire constructs, soulless and Undead, Pariah is an ability

Nicodem states as an ability Embrace Death: This model can choose to be affected by spells and abilities that affect undead, for example Pariahs :)

I disagree Wodshow,

Pariah states Levi can only hire constructs, soulless and Undead, Pariah is an ability

Nicodem states as an ability Embrace Death: This model can choose to be affected by spells and abilities that affect undead, for example Pariahs :)

I am fairly certain that Embrace Death only matters once the game starts as it has nothing to do with Hiring Restrictions. It would need to say something about he may be hired as an undead etc.

I disagree Wodshow,

Personally, I'd say that it allows Nicodem to be affected by abilities that affect undead. However, it doesn't make him undead. Pariah isn't affecting Nicodem. It's affecting Levi. Hence, I'd say they can't be in a brawl together.

Usually if we want to play a brawl, we will sometimes look past things like that.

It's a game and so do what you want to make it fun.

Yeah pretty much. Now in a competitive setting, sure, that's what the rules are there for. However, if you just want to try out a brawl for fun, or do something crazy like 2v2...it would get real lame if a couple of friends "couldn't be on a team together" because their masters had hiring restrictions.

Quite true! Unless there is something im missing. Ratty just checked your crew builder and it doesn't allow that combo.

You don't pick one Master at a time, but both at once, so both Masters have to be able to work with the other.

Leveticus won't work with Nicodem as he's not Undead - it's simple as that.

Otherwise Leveticus would work with everyone as he's a Mercenary Master. (This would also make a lot more sense fluff-wise btw). But it's just not how it work..

Edited by Wodschow

:offtopic:

getting back to the original question. Look at Zorida, she can take all the Lacroix in her crew, their WP is 4 which works for her. you basically can take all your gremlins with her. It works better with the uniques ones than the cheap disposable ones because you do have to pay one more for out of faction models. but some of the Lacroix are mean targets for Raven. Ok you lose melee attacks and spells, but being able to move 20 then shoot with blasts from Pierre Ravage then if you have the right trigger do triple damage even on the blasts then sacrifice doing a Kablooey Pulse. Its a long range tac nuke. If you do bewitch via voodoo doll first it makes it laser targeted and you opponent can't cheat, making the severe extremely easy to get. if you cheat a red joker on damager and flip a second sever you do 24 damage to the target 9 damage to the models under the blasts, then he does 3 to everyone around him.

:blowup:

Or raven on the one that if he get his trigger gets a free shot. Best part is you can give the suit to him using Ophelia. Move 10, shoot a a couple low def targets, then shoot using double damage trigger(again from Ophelia), then move back to good hiding spot with something that can heal him.

:AR15firin :saint:

:focus:

getting back to the original question. Look at Zorida, she can take all the Lacroix in her crew, their WP is 4 which works for her. you basically can take all your gremlins with her. It works better with the uniques ones than the cheap disposable ones because you do have to pay one more for out of faction models. but some of the Lacroix are mean targets for Raven. Ok you lose melee attacks and spells, but being able to move 20 then shoot with blasts from Pierre Ravage then if you have the right trigger do triple damage even on the blasts then sacrifice doing a Kablooey Pulse. Its a long range tac nuke. If you do bewitch via voodoo doll first it makes it laser targeted and you opponent can't cheat, making the severe extremely easy to get. if you cheat a red joker on damager and flip a second sever you do 24 damage to the target 9 damage to the models under the blasts, then he does 3 to everyone around him.

Or raven on the one that if he get his trigger gets a free shot. Best part is you can give the suit to him using Ophelia. Move 10, shoot a a couple low def targets, then shoot using double damage trigger(again from Ophelia), then move back to good hiding spot with something that can heal him.

Wow..

You've got a few keypoints wrong here, sorry.

1- Raven can only affect Zoraida herself - never the Gremlins.

2- Stupid Luck (and Dumb Luck aswell) only triples (or doubles) damage on the target - ie. not models caught under blasts.

3- When Pere is sacrificed KA-BLOOEY! does not go off (only 'triggers' when he's killed).

Few issues with that zoraida can use her raven and noone else as it says this model (edit doppleganger can). Also with pere when he does the triple damage he gets saced so doesn't trigger kablooey as it says "when killed".