Cool range of Old West MDF buildings

shuttler

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

638.jpg

Colours are Citadel washes with hand painted lettering (the planks giving nice straight lines to work to). Still need some work, but I've been distracted by Sarissa's cityblock buildings which arrived yesterday.

which of the sizes are these buildings? Heroic? As in pic Samael Hopkins looks too big for door and makes building look tiny?

which of the sizes are these buildings? Heroic? As in pic Samael Hopkins looks too big for door and makes building look tiny?

I'm pretty certain these are the heroic ones.

I played with these at the B'ham Games Expo and they are spot on for scale and look really nice.

They are on my purchasing list for xmas.

The saloon, surgery, etc are the 'small' buildings and the general store is a 'medium'.

Also don't forget that Samuel is on a base which increases his relative height.

Just to add a little more info, I got the following in an email from them:

As for bigger buildings, we've got a 2 floor hotel (twice as wide as the current large buildings and with a balcony) and a church that I'm going to put pictures up of this week and they should be available very soon. We're also adding a house/shack to the range as well.

Keep an eye on the website for some more pictures and information sometime this week.

Just to add a little more info, I got the following in an email from them:

As for bigger buildings, we've got a 2 floor hotel (twice as wide as the current large buildings and with a balcony) and a church that I'm going to put pictures up of this week and they should be available very soon. We're also adding a house/shack to the range as well.

Keep an eye on the website for some more pictures and information sometime this week.

Wow! This sounds absolutely awesome! I see a big Western Town coming :-)

• 1 month later...

I've got a set of these which were to be temporary while waiting for Terraclips, but they really are so good that I'm going to add to them when the new ranges are released.

The painted store fronts look amazing.

Just don't be too concerned about the burning smell coming from the package when it's delivered...(surprised it wasn't 'control detonated' by the bomb squad!). ;)

So how much does it take to fill a board?

I have 5 small and 1 medium building and reckon to add 1 church and 1 or 2 other small buildings to make a decent town on a 3ft board.

They are also selling a hotel, but feel that it might be a bit too big from a gaming point of view (but looks fantastic, so might be good for my demo table).

150.jpg

Current set up inc. scratch built church (borrowed).

Just ordered Church and hotel (to go with the other 6 buildings...).

Think I'll now make about 6 separate, pre-made 3'x3' base sheets with roads and woodland areas on them as a form of 'random' terrain generator.

Randomly select a base sheet, buildings can't be placed on roads or wooded areas.

Might work...

They work well with a small elastic band wrapped around the four walls just under the roof. Obviously the roofs are removable during games.

Well, I'm thinking about getting a set of these... but I need to figure out if my idea will work or not. We play with buildings you can go into, little point to ones you can't they may as well be rocks in that case.

So my idea is glue the 4 walls together and glue either the walls to the base... or the walls to the ceiling... whatever makes it more playable.

So just to confirm, they come with no interior walls?

How about the Church or the big Hotel, do they have any interior walls? Floor plans? Or are they completely empty on the inside?