Hi from Sutton, UK

Boom

Hi all,

My name's Rik and I'm from Sutton, just South of London. I'd heard about Malifaux from a few podcasts and had seen some of the miniatures online, and I finally jumped in after having a demo at Salute a few weeks back, run by a very helpful gent in a dapper hat :)

I've bought the Pandora and Lillith boxes plus the rule book, and have since picked up a few Young Nephs, some scenic bases and the rules manual PDF.

Looking forward to having my first games at the local gaming club on Monday night. I'm sure I'll have loads of questions, although reading through the rules manual has been very useful.

I don't usually join forums, just lurk, but this one seems very friendly and helpful, and it's a breath of fresh air to play a game with this level of community support from the makers!

Anyway, enough rambling, the figs aren't going to paint themselves :)

Cheers,

Rik/Boom

Welcome dude , yes I have to say Wyrd has the best costumer support I have seen in a long time . But that's what happens when the company is run by gamers ! they know what they would want which for us gamers is usually what we are looking for .

all I can say is get your schemes and scenario first and kill stuff along the way rather than trying to kill everything .

Welcome! great to hear you took the plunge into Malifaux, that's what we like :D

And I hope you do enjoy the forums here. We take a lot of pride in running a forum which is friendly and helpful, and really try to keep the tone on a level of fun (and avoid the hyper competitive chest thumping!), although we do have a lot of people who can help you up your game as well.

But just happy to welcome you to the game and forum, I hope you enjoy both for a long time :)

Anyway, enough rambling, the figs aren't going to paint themselves :)

They don't!? Maybe THAT'S what I'm doing wrong.

Welcome to the community! Last year when I was looking at this game (for about two months before I bought) this community helped make my decision for me. I agree with your point, wholeheartedly.

Hi all,

My name's Rik and I'm from Sutton, just South of London. I'd heard about Malifaux from a few podcasts and had seen some of the miniatures online, and I finally jumped in after having a demo at Salute a few weeks back, run by a very helpful gent in a dapper hat :)

That would be Ratty.

Great to see our demos bringing forth fruit.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome (and virtual sweeties) :)

Poulpox - cheers for the info, Clapham's not far so if I'm out that way I'll give you a shout.

Didn't get a game on Monday but did meet some people at the club who play, and also found another Malifaux night at a local game store so will have to check that out as well. More people playing around here than I thought!

Didn't get a game on Monday but did meet some people at the club who play, and also found another Malifaux night at a local game store so will have to check that out as well. More people playing around here than I thought!

The game seems to be booming in any area it gains a bit of traction in, especially in the UK. I think it might be because of the club/group mentality over there, and REALLY good, tight, infrastructure making travel easier than it might be.

Either way, I hope you're able to get some games in soon!

Welcome! I know a few people play Malifaux in the South London Warlords group who meet in Dulwich every Monday night (except bank holidays and one month near the end of the year - I forget which one). Google them or their event Salute that they run each year.

I've got a ton of models for my McMourning side and need to paint them. A few of the models are nice daft proxies.

I'm not sure how my guys would deal with your Pandora though. RUn Sebastian up and 'harvest' her for a 4 Wnd area attack? Crooked men and Rotten Belle's lure combo? Hmm. WIth McMourning's 5 Wp I've a horrible feeling you would have him in constant retreat!

Thanks for the heads-up rigol, I went to Salute this year but didn't realise the guys running it were nearby!

Mondays seem popular around here, what with the local club, the Warlords guys and another store in the area that has a Malifaux night - I'm torn between where to go!

You'd probably do more than alright against my Pandora crew by just turning up - my knowledge is all still theoretical at this stage (thank god for the tactica and wiki!) :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Fluffy Robot,

I'll PM you, but for the benefit of anyone else in the area as well:

It's at the Thomas Wall Centre on Benhill Avenue (postcode SM1 4DP). It's quite central, only a couple of streets back from the High Street, behind the St Nicholas Centre.

Starts at 6, goes on 'til 10, usually £2.50 to attend but first time's free, so nothing to lose :) People play pretty much anything, including Magic, 40k, Infinity, various roleplay games, and of course Malifaux. Everyone's welcome, it's pretty informal, just turn up and play.

hey boom and fluffy robot

im in the area of sutton but if u are worried about the fee in playing malifaux there's another place that i think is free (ain't played at the place yet so i need a game lol) and it's next to surbiton police station called heroes and legends games. the guys there are nice...which is also the place where i buy my malifaux stuff from. u want to meet at some point? oh btw heroes and legends games has a monday night gaming for malifaux. newbie here as well and i have a few starter boxes ( the vktorias, sonnia criid, the dreamer and kirai) im should have at least one of the kits semi glued together by monday night. ill pm you my number if you want to meet for a game.

Hi Fluffy Robot,

I'll PM you, but for the benefit of anyone else in the area as well:

It's at the Thomas Wall Centre on Benhill Avenue (postcode SM1 4DP). It's quite central, only a couple of streets back from the High Street, behind the St Nicholas Centre.

Starts at 6, goes on 'til 10, usually £2.50 to attend but first time's free, so nothing to lose :) People play pretty much anything, including Magic, 40k, Infinity, various roleplay games, and of course Malifaux. Everyone's welcome, it's pretty informal, just turn up and play.

Hi there

I'm in Sutton too and get my Malifaux fix at the Clapham club as mentioned by Poulpox above. I could be tempted into heading down to the Monday night session too as it's local - what's the turn out like and age range?

Wow, didn't realise there were so many local players!

Unforgiven - yes, heard of Heroes and Legends but not managed to get out there myself yet, mainly as the days clash. One of the owners used to manage the local GW, really nice guy. I must make the effort one day, although worried that I'll leave the shop having spent a fortune :) Got your PM, I'll reply separately.

TheBlackPrince - age range is from 16 to 40+, with the majority in the 20s I'd say (I'm late 30s if anyone's interested :) ). Turn out is around 20 - 30 people on a good day, but that's split between the wargames room (40k, Infinity, Malifaux, etc) and the card games/RP room. There's only 2 Malifaux players at the moment (until I can pry people away from Infinity) but it sounds like there's a few other Malifaux minded people who may be turning up going forward! There's plenty of tables and lots of scenery.

I'll be there tonight from 6 so hope to see people there. PM me if you want my mobile no to meet up.

Cheers,

Boom

Just to keep this Sutton thread alive for any other locals that may bumble past...

I hear that a few of you guys made it to the Benhill Avenue club last Monday. We might be the start of a small Malifaux community in the suburbs!

I'm intending to head down this week, having secured a reasonably solid nod from the boss. So I look forward to meeting a few of you guys then.