Tuesday

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kate Beaton, is that you? :D

I wish.

..Really, I do. [sadface]

But thanks everyone! I do have more comic ideas, plus a doodle I've been wanting to do forever, but this weekend's work schedule is a bit hectic. (Got a double shift on Saturday that's sure to be a treat.) Ooh, but for now, here's the full-size version of my new signature I guess:

mannequinssss2.jpg

And for the record, Jonas is a funny guy too. A ton of these ideas come from him.

Edited by Tuesday

YAY!!! Thanks Tuesday, you have officially made my year :D Have 50,000 packs of triple chocolate cookies (watch out for those cookie hungry teddies though), 3 tonnes of soulstone and another wagon full of outfits for your Mannequin :D (hands them all over).

Oh yes, and some bladey things in case you ever decide to go all Mannequin Ninja on us (AKA - Coryphee).

I agree with Philip, Molly looks very cute as a showgirl.

Also, cake munching Ramos has returned I see, those always make me chuckle :)

And now I'm off to wonder what the hopes and dreams of a Mannequin might be... hmmm....

YAY!!! Thanks Tuesday, you have officially made my year :D Have 50,000 packs of triple chocolate cookies (watch out for those cookie hungry teddies though), 3 tonnes of soulstone and another wagon full of outfits for your Mannequin :D (hands them all over).

Oh yes, and some bladey things in case you ever decide to go all Mannequin Ninja on us (AKA - Coryphee).

I agree with Philip, Molly looks very cute as a showgirl.

Also, cake munching Ramos has returned I see, those always make me chuckle :)

And now I'm off to wonder what the hopes and dreams of a Mannequin might be... hmmm....

Yaaay! *Hoards items* As for the Mannequins, it's probably food.

And LoboStele-- Ramos snuck into his own cake of course. There was probably a showgirl in there; he booted her out. It is his cake, after all.

Thanks all! Sometimes I wonder if I bring up the "Ramos + Cake 4Ever" thing a bit too much. But I love it so!

You realize,that now,someone has to do a cassandra crew. where the Coryphee have pirate hats and cutlasses. The mechanical doves are parrots. The Mannequins all have two wooden peglegs.

Cassandra in a bandanna,two cutlasses,flowy white poet's shirt and tight black leather pants.

YES! These are our alternates!

Actually, I can't decide if I hope Colette's alternate sculpt has her in her practical smuggling clothes getup, or another frilly showgirl dress. The smugglin' clothes would be awesome for games, but then I'd want everyone else in the crew to match. Colette can't be the only one who decided to dress down for the trip. I'd need a whole alternate crew. An entire crew of alternates! It'd be mad!

You realize,that now,someone has to do a cassandra crew. where the Coryphee have pirate hats and cutlasses. The mechanical doves are parrots. The Mannequins all have two wooden peglegs.

Cassandra in a bandanna,two cutlasses,flowy white poet's shirt and tight black leather pants.

Colette is unwittingly involved in one of Ramos' nefarious schemes, and is left high and dry when the Guild come calling. Chased by the forces of law and order, Colette and her Showgirls steal a riverboat and head downstream, for the tall seas and high adventure! The only proof of their innocence is in the hands of a man known only as Ironheeled Jack. Their only clue to his whereabouts, the ramblings of a parrot possessed by the long-dead spirit of another parrot, and a compass that points only towards cake. Can Colette turn her crew of lubbers into a sisterhood of pirates, do battle with the watery tentacles of the Steam Squid, find the treasure, break a few hearts and still make it back to the Star in time for the new season?

I can feel a fanfic coming on :D

Edited by Sholto

I already have a few suitable models in my collection (I play Legends of the High Seas with a all female pirate crew) so rebasing them wouldn't be a issue, though the models are smaller (non-heroic 28mm) and would need taller bases. Still, I could do Colette dancing on top of a ships' cannon, Coryphee swinging on the rigging, Margaret (in this time line they ran away before she died) and her Mannequin crewing a deck gun (Peg Leg Meg the Mannequin holding a box of small cannon balls for it). Ah, so many ideas...

I think Colette would look quite fancy anyway, even as a Pirate, I'm thinking the Freebooter Gypsy Dancer might make a good sub for her, but I'd have to give her a big impressive hat to wear ;)

Sholto, that would make the best story ever. XD

And Dark Alleycat, LonelyPath-- Hats 'n' Guns! We have the technology! (Also the Gypsy Dancer model is awesome.)

Everybody do Showgirl Pirates. Showrates. It's the new thing.

Edit: I had to.

Pirates.jpg

Edited by Tuesday

HAHAHAHA!!!! Is that a bakery indeed ;)

Colette also reminds me of Kirk in Wrath of Khan (KHAAAAAN! says it all).

Awesome as always.

I'm still thinking up things for Showgirl Pirates, I just need to get my hands on some more cannons, there is a company in the UK that does some resin ones really cheap, I just lost the site somewhere, hahaha.

Having Coryphee swinging form the rigging might also pose a little bit of a problem, but it'll be a fun challenge to work out.

EDIT - if I use the gypsy dancer for a Pirate Colette she will have the be dancing on the skull of a certain "horrible woman" heheheh ;)

Edited by LonelyPath

Ooh! If we're still talking Freebooter as Pirate Showgirl material, the lady from this (long sold-out, unfortunately expensive) diorama seems like nigh-perfect Cassandra material.

http://www.fantization.com/soldout-limitededition-freebooter5thanniversaryminiaturex1setnov07.aspx

I imagine Cassandra taking the pirate thing, once she got into it, very seriously. Colette's all waving her fan at other ships, like 'Oh you there, why don't you come on over and say hello' and Cassandra's just waiting until they get close enough to open fire. And trying to tell Colette that she doesn't look very piratey in that hat..