Off Topic Playground

Passport stuff??? For What?

So go get a hair cut, and THEN go get your pics taken. You have to have the pics when you go to get your passport...

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

okay, I hate to drag this over to here, but how long do you guys take to play a game of Malifaux..? How many minutes/turn??

My recommendation for Passport pics. Don't get a hair cut, don't comb your hair, go to the place half asleep and slightly hung over.

Seriously you want the picture on the thing to look how you will look after a long international flight. :)

-------

To answer Fell

Normal open play, 2 to 3 hours. But that is with a lot of BSing and goofying off,

Tournament prep games. We try to stick to gaining grounds times. I actually think its part of the challenge to create a crew that runs well in the time frame given. Also discourages those darn Hamlin players :)

I was reading the thread about length of time... and they were talkinga bout 1/2 an hour per turn... or for two turns... In an 35ss game in a tourney, you get 85 minutes. And that's IT. At 1/2 an hour/turn you'd only get into turn 3...

Broken down I think it should look like this:

Turn 1 - 10 min

Turn 2 - 15 min

Turn 3 - 20 min

Turn 4 - 20 min

Turn 5 - 15 min

Turn 6 - 5 min

you could split the 15 minutes for turn 1 and 6 into 7.5 minutes a piece, but honestly, turn 6 you're holding your models in someone's DZ, or on a marker, and you're firing a few shots to try and kill that last thing. Most of the turn is "defensive stance, pass". *shrugs*

I'm going to NZ March 1st (need to rush the passport). I'm okay with being shaggy, at least everyone will know what I usually look like :)

Wooo, Where in NZ? Was in Auckland about 5 years ago and it was one of the best work trips I ever got to go on. The weather was great, the people were all really friendly and the food was amazing. I actually ate the best Sushi I ever had in New Zealand. Which surprises people considering I have been to Japan as well.

Man I miss my old job. :(

My recommendation for Passport pics. Don't get a hair cut, don't comb your hair, go to the place half asleep and slightly hung over.

Seriously you want the picture on the thing to look how you will look after a long international flight. :)

-------

To answer Fell

Normal open play, 2 to 3 hours. But that is with a lot of BSing and goofying off,

Tournament prep games. We try to stick to gaining grounds times. I actually think its part of the challenge to create a crew that runs well in the time frame given. Also discourages those darn Hamlin players :)

Honestly, even when we're goofing off it might take us two hours to finish a game. I play the longest game because I get a lot of "Hey Fell.... what is the answer to this question that's in the RM but I don't feel like looking up?"

It takes me multiple hours for a game (25SS) as it goes so long in between playing a game that we have to look up so much that has been forgotten. Simple things such as when soul stones can be used etc.

Same here. It's normally a month if not more between games these days so we forget small details and then spend a while looking them up (none of the Malifaux books have a decent index and things are often not in the logical place when you look for them).