Off Topic Playground

What an exhausting weekend. In a good way though.

Tourists are terrifying dirial

Oh, it weren't the tourists who were terrifying. It's a really beautiful place, but they sell stuff and services that tourists connect with Germany everywhere.... and it's just not very real. It was horrifying to think that tourists get that impression of this country.

Ever been to Times Square? ;)

Sadly not. But I get what you mean.

It was an awesome place regardless. If one of you wants to visit Germany, the Rhine valley is a prime target location. Just don't think it's like that everywhere.

Do tell

We (the players) are nearing the end of the campaign arc, and many of us are already thinking of coming up with new characters, ideas, etc. So the GM gave us this Ocean's 11 type scenario and thought he had stacked the cards up in such a way that the group would go out in a blaze of glory. However, at every single turn we managed to come up with out-of-the-box solutions that completely stymied the GM's attempts at a TPK. That and some incredible rolling on our part meant that our characters lived to tell another story. Not that we would have minded going out with a bang, but we could resist f**king with the GM

In the beginning he let slip that the Vory was awaiting shipment of a bunch of heavy weapons. Boat was due to arrive on Container Ship X at port. So, I called up my customs official contact and told him to search/block the boat and prevent it from entering Seattle. 

Later, the GM had us surrounded and captured by some mobsters wearing military-style power armor. Because of some terrible rolling on his part (and great con rolls on ours) the captors had no idea we had a technomancer. We learned that the armor was a closed environment, so we had the technomancer shut down their O2 supplies and killed them off that way. At this point the GM was more than a little frustrated.

There were a few other moments but the entire run was basically the GM saying "Hah! Get yourselves out of THIS mess!" and us going "... Ok." And getting out of trouble. Since I'm running the new campaign the current GM has made it clear his mission going into it has been to throw as many curveballs my way as I did to him (as the boat and O2 things were both my ideas).

• Like 1

Morning all, Hows it going?

I had my first Malifaux tournament yesterday... kinda got my ass handed to me on the last game, lost the first because I took a Power Ritual Marker rather than placing my own. Should have been a 10-9 win but instead ended on an 8-9 loss  :angry:. That's what I get for playing Colette in Stake a Claim vs. Zoraida and then deciding to take Deliver a Message and also being an idiot *face palm*

• Like 1