Off Topic Playground

I would say so.

It irks me that people tend to call the Netherlands 'Holland'. It's like calling the whole of the USA Texas.

To be fair I only found that out myself a few years ago, when I was in Utrecht when someone helpfully corrected me and gave me a brief historical overview of why it is wrong to call the Netherlands Holland, it was very interesting

Painting question.  Don't panic, I am not planning on doing any soon, but I was just thinking last night..

How would anyone do a satin look finish to clothing.  I was thinking that I would like to get that sheen on some of the ladies dresses in Malifaux.

Is it a case of finding a decent silver paint and adding small bits to the base colour?

Painting question.  Don't panic, I am not planning on doing any soon, but I was just thinking last night..

How would anyone do a satin look finish to clothing.  I was thinking that I would like to get that sheen on some of the ladies dresses in Malifaux.

Is it a case of finding a decent silver paint and adding small bits to the base colour?

I would give that a try, or alternatively try and find a gloss varnish to finish that particular area of the model?

In other news played a game last night (which is why I was not online) in the end my opponent went wit Sonnia rather then Perdita and I ended up losing 9-4 on Guard the Stash with Pandora which I was fairly pleased with (first game with Pandora I have gained more then 2vp against a very tough player)

I would give that a try, or alternatively try and find a gloss varnish to finish that particular area of the model?

In other news played a game last night (which is why I was not online) in the end my opponent went wit Sonnia rather then Perdita and I ended up losing 9-4 on Guard the Stash with Pandora which I was fairly pleased with (first game with Pandora I have gained more then 2vp against a very tough player)

Sonnia might be the only matchup in Guild that's even harder for Pandora than Dita.

I do that, too. I know the difference, but it seems the name is a historical legacy.

Sure we don't help, but I don't really get why. 

First we were part of the Burgandian union, but mostly loyal to city/town and county rather than the union. Afterwards, we turned into the Republic of Seven United Netherlands. (Holland was the one which took the part in most oversea trade, so I guess that is where it comes from) Then after Napoleon conquered us, we turned into the Batavian Republic, the Kingdom of Holland, and eventually part of France. But the Kingdom didn't last that long. Then, we became the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, and kinda kept that way after Belgium did break away. 

Sonnia might be the only matchup in Guild that's even harder for Pandora than Dita.

I asked her to not hold back and wow she really didn't. Very happy with how I played and was very pleased getting Deliver a Message with Teddy and then Gobble You up on the Judge to push him away from the Stash. 

Sure we don't help, but I don't really get why. 

First we were part of the Burgandian union, but mostly loyal to city/town and county rather than the union. Afterwards, we turned into the Republic of Seven United Netherlands. (Holland was the one which took the part in most oversea trade, so I guess that is where it comes from) Then after Napoleon conquered us, we turned into the Batavian Republic, the Kingdom of Holland, and eventually part of France. But the Kingdom didn't last that long. Then, we became the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, and kinda kept that way after Belgium did break away. 

Don't get it either. It's like the shorthand somehow. Just like we call the United States of America just America, and the Federal Republic of Germany just Germany, we call the Kingdom of the Netherlands just... Holland. Seems legit.

I asked her to not hold back and wow she really didn't. Very happy with how I played and was very pleased getting Deliver a Message with Teddy and then Gobble You up on the Judge to push him away from the Stash. 

Seems like a good play. Did you lose Pandora?

Don't get it either. It's like the shorthand somehow. Just like we call the United States of America just America, and the Federal Republic of Germany just Germany, we call the Kingdom of the Netherlands just... Holland. Seems legit.

I do get shorthands, I use them all the time :) It's just that this one is strange.

Good vid on the subject.

Seems like a good play. Did you lose Pandora?

Yes I did, which my opponent scored for Assassinate and turned her into a Witchling Stalker!

Pandora was on fire before?

Yes Pandora was in combat with an Austringer ans Sonnia fired into combat hitting Pandora with a Red Joker on the first, moderate on the second and killing the Austringer with the third, placed template, killed Dora and Assassinate and new Stalker

Yes I did, which my opponent scored for Assassinate and turned her into a Witchling Stalker!

I love Sonnia.

Yep. Also, I like chocolate and fancy watches.

Did you know that Toblerone is manufactured in Britain while After Eight is manufactured in Switzerland?

Yes Pandora was in combat with an Austringer ans Sonnia fired into combat hitting Pandora with a Red Joker on the first, moderate on the second and killing the Austringer with the third, placed template, killed Dora and Assassinate and new Stalker

Auch. That Red Joker was a bit painful.

I love Sonnia.

I dd turn her into a Mindless Zombie with another Mindless Zombie :D Most proud achievement.

• Like 1

I love Sonnia.

I can see why, she was a really good choice for the Strategy and Scheme. I learned a lot in the game and was happy that I cold hold off Assassinate until turn 3. I haven't a clue how I could have played better and I know that I made some poor choices (forgetting the Judge having Hard to Kill for instance after a Teddy Flurry)

So now that you are in Malifaux talk I can hop in. :P

Did you see the tent?

Sonnia is pretty badass but I never manage to get any stalkers with her. 

I don't try for it actively. It just kinda... happens. I usually get 2-3 per game.

So now that you are in Malifaux talk I can hop in. :P

Sonnia is pretty badass but I never manage to get any stalkers with her. 

Oh yeah I also learned not to take Bodyguard on Kade :D (even hid him behind a tree) damn blasts