Off Topic Playground

Just put together Seamus. I feel dirty. I feel like I succumbed to zFiend's plan to dominate the world by having everyone play ressers.

I mean, it's a stupid plan. But something I can see happening.

• Like 3

Weekend was quite great. Yesterday evening.. Eh not so much. The lady took sort of a fit when she heard I had been playing malifaux with a female that I had introduced to the game in a Con. So she did all that jealousy shit, and fine okay I can get that. What I don't get is the ending of the argument which was "just your reaction was so strong, I suppose I can't tell you if somethings bothering me" and this is the kinda mindgaming shit I hate. I get called out for doing something wrong, when I didn't and then when the argument ends I get called out for not being able to tell me shit and again I am the bad guy.

Morning everybones.

Morning, PD.

Weekend was quite great. Yesterday evening.. Eh not so much. The lady took sort of a fit when she heard I had been playing malifaux with a female that I had introduced to the game in a Con. So she did all that jealousy shit, and fine okay I can get that. What I don't get is the ending of the argument which was "just your reaction was so strong, I suppose I can't tell you if somethings bothering me" and this is the kinda mindgaming shit I hate. I get called out for doing something wrong, when I didn't and then when the argument ends I get called out for not being able to tell me shit and again I am the bad guy.

Yeah, hate such things, too. I suspect that now it's expected of you to apologize for reacting too harsh. I'd try for a mutual apology. Best one can hope for in such situations.

Yeah I suppose it is. But why the hell should I apologize? I was double wronged. :D

Then you apologize for being overly emotional.

"While I still believe to be in the right in the actual matter, I reacted overly harsh to your concerns, and I profoundly apologize for that. I should have heard them out and considered them. I will try to do better next time."

Works in my experience.

• Like 2

So how was your weekends?

I was with my family, which was nice and pretty needed after that rollercoaster week. I also played two games of Malifaux, and won both. Spent some good time with my wife.

Yeah, mine was pretty good.

Morning MD

How is it going?

Well, not great if I'm honest. I've had a bit of a rough couple of days. 

Last Friday afternoon one of our guys had a heart attack on site and died. He was really nice guy and I'd known him for 15 years. :( The day after was my stag do so we gave him a good send off on the night. The night went well but we called it a day early because we'd been out and about all day long. Whilst back at our hotel after everybody else had gone to bed and I was having my pre-bedtime smoke I met a couple of guys who bought me a drink they insisted I down in one. Already being pretty drunk I did only to find out afterwards it was called "The Death Pint" which involved Gordon's Gin, Jack Daniels, Vodka, Sambuka and Lemonade. Naturally I spent the rest of the night throwing up and my Dad had to look after me. Sunday was a write off because of that and then this morning my car broke down on the way into work. 

Hopefully you guys have had a better few days than me!