Off Topic Playground

Lol, Amercian sports...

I actually am a big fan of Football...well, my team actually plays in the Conference so it is Proper football, not this money fuelled Premiershite rubbish..

That's Football as in the game were they actually use their feet. Proper Football, not "Let's call it Football but carry the thing around in our arms and dogpile each other" ball. Just figured some clarification was required for the American's out there. :D

• Like 1

I respect sports, but athletes are not gods. The last athlete worthy of adoration was Michael Jordan.

Football culture over here is considered a mainstream religion by some. It's just ridiculous how seriously people take it. It's pretty pathetic watching a grown man cry when his team of choice loses the cup game etc. You're right, none of them are worth that much praise and none of them do nearly enough work to deserve the kind of salaries they earn. 

Football culture over here is considered a mainstream religion by some. It's just ridiculous how seriously people take it. It's pretty pathetic watching a grown man cry when his team of choice loses the cup game etc. You're right, none of them are worth that much praise and none of them do nearly enough work to deserve the kind of salaries they earn. 

Hence Premiershite...

Down at Conference level you get the feeling that players are playing because they love the game, its certainly not for the money!!

I don't count the NHL as american sports.  Its international as far as I am concerned.

Not really, the rest of the world play Rugby. American Football is basically Rugby for cheats. Every player is cheating because they can throw the ball forwards. *nods* :D

EDIT - Oh and they are pansies, Rubgy is just as brutal but they don't feel the need to wear protective armour or helmets, they just knock 10 bells of shit out of each other then hit the pub afterwards! 

Not really, the rest of the world play Rugby. American Football is basically Rugby for cheats. Every player is cheating because they can throw the ball forwards. *nods* :D

EDIT - Oh and they are pansies, Rubgy is just as brutal but they don't feel the need to wear protective armour or helmets, they just knock 10 bells of shit out of each other then hit the pub afterwards! 

Actually MD, American Football is a bit more brutal than Rugby... 

But Rugby is pretty frightening when done right!

American Football is called football because the ball is a foot long. (Not that it's ball, but hey.)

I like football, but I don't really follow it. I just watch it when the mood strikes me. Don't have a favourite team either. I like some other sports, but none I watch regularly.

And yes, PD, virtual friends are friends. I cherish my time here a lot.

Actually MD, American Football is a bit more brutal than Rugby... 

But Rugby is pretty frightening when done right!

Take one look at the older Rugby players then a look at the older NHL players. I guarantee you the American's don't have teeth missing, buggered ears, and an IQ less then 50 due to years of systematic abuse :D

Half the British teams look like they've been crossbred with Shrek! 

I don't follow sports either.

Good man! *hands zFiend a Sybelle sex doll*

Take one look at the older Rugby players then a look at the older NHL players. I guarantee you the American's don't have teeth missing, buggered ears, and an IQ less then 50 due to years of systematic abuse :D

Half the British teams look like they've been crossbred with Shrek! 

True.

But A list of the injuries suffered by ex NFL players is quite grim reading....

But if you will charge twenty feet across a pitch and then headbutt yourself into an opponents chest, then what do you expect? ;)

True.

But A list of the injuries suffered by ex NFL players is quite grim reading....

But if you will charge twenty feet across a pitch and then headbutt yourself into an opponents chest, then what do you expect? ;)

All very true. To be honest I just don't like the competitive nature of sports though. Be it NHL, Football or whatever. 

Bring back the Gladiatorial Games, then we're talking! That I'd follow! REAL SPORTS! :D

All very true. To be honest I just don't like the competitive nature of sports though. Be it NHL, Football or whatever. 

Bring back the Gladiatorial Games, then we're talking! That I'd follow! REAL SPORTS! :D

Those I would actually watch... BLOOD! TITS! GORE!

Those I would actually watch... BLOOD! TITS! GORE!

A man after my own heart. Don't you think WWE would be infinity more interesting if they have Punji Pits and Ravenous Tigers in the Ring with them?

but not overly fair lol...

Bah, who needs human rights anyway? :D

Ahahahahahahahaha. Sybelle sex doll.. :D :D

Well I figured a plush toy just wouldn't cut it for you. Had to go that extra mile ;)