Off Topic Playground

I am fine! Today is The Feast of the Ascension of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, or Ascension Day (an older name for the day in Swedish is more or less translated as Christ-Flight). In Swedish folk lore this is apparently a very good day to fish, and its the traditional day of letting cows out in the open after being locked up for eight months... With so much going on, its a public holiday in Sweden...

Aaaah, Christianity... Such a steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit. The only thing it's ever done is cause wars and generate public holidays. Can't complain about the latter! :D

Aye. Agreed. The only thing it's good for is the days we get to stay at home because of it.

• Like 1

Aaaah, Christianity... Such a steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit. The only thing it's ever done is cause wars and generate public holidays. Can't complain about the latter! :D

I don't quite agree on that... but I won't deface this thread with religious arguments.

In Germany, Himmelfahrt (Ascension Day) is unofficially also Father's Day (to make up for Mother's Day). Men (not only fathers) go out for a long walk, usually with a small carriage full of beer, and drink till they forget their family life.

but I won't deface this thread with religious arguments.

That's fair enough mate, we wouldn't want to compromise the "integrity"

Religion is always a touchy subject. Let's leave it there. I think we can all agree that the Holidays are always worth it though!  :P

I don't quite agree on that... but I won't deface this thread with religious arguments.

In Germany, Himmelfahrt (Ascension Day) is unofficially also Father's Day (to make up for Mother's Day). Men (not only fathers) go out for a long walk, usually with a small carriage full of beer, and drink till they forget their family life.

True. Let's keep this a nice place.

Morning!

If there is one thing i try to not to talk about with people , its religion. 

I have my stance, everyone else can have theirs..no worries.

Anyway, It has suddenly gone very cold here after weeks of nice warm weather....Its almost summer!!

The mist has returned at last?