Off Topic Playground

There is a common superstition in Germany that sheep on dikes have legs of different length so they can stand upright.

Wow... I'd love to hear the origin behind this.  Nothing like local folk tales to get you by the day. ;)

Eh... people are stupid.

Doctor says it was a 24 hour bug brought about by my lack of rest and overwork.

I won't say "I told you so".... oh fuck it, I told you so.

There is a common superstition in Germany that sheep on dikes have legs of different length so they can stand upright.

Wow... I'd love to hear the origin behind this.  Nothing like local folk tales to get you by the day. ;)

Well, goats can kinda do it. 

%7Boption%7Dhttp://snowbrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/goats_on_dam_03.jpg

lol, aww... I was hoping for something a bit more riveting, but hey... Admittedly, I don't know of any interesting folk lore of my own, other than funny stories about my extended family members and their run in's with certain people.

Doctor says it was a 24 hour bug brought about by my lack of rest and overwork. Come back for a physical in 6 months. She looked good in that dress tho lol

Should've taken a pic. :P

morning fellow Europeans!

Good to see someone getting some gaming time in..unfortunately not for me this weekend.

But I do have a football game to go to, I am a season ticket holder for my local team Wrexham. We play in the fifth tier now in the English leagues (effectively non league) but still get average crowds of 5500!!

Unfortunately we are always competing against moneybags teams bankrolled by private owners to get that one automatic spot back into the League...clubs who have average gates of 600 yet can afford to give players 3 year contracts and pay thousands to them per week...grrr.

Wrexham are a fan owned club now, something we are very proud of..a community club.

Edited by Absolution Black

Well, good for you guys! :D

I don't care for football at all. 

To be fair, that doesn't surprise me.  I have rarely come across tabletop gamers that also like football!  Weird.

I like football. I'm not overly enthusiastic, but I love to watch it.

I love the whole matchday experience..the build up, the bus trip in, queuing for a tea and chips...

Sitting with friends discussing the game, the atmosphere and the bond between crowd and players.

Admittedly I don't get that feeling when going to a premiership game.  It just feels soulless and to be honest,  I think the whole premiership just sucks..same teams winning it. Money rules.

ok, just downloaded and printed the remaining build instructions for the Gremlins I have left to construct.  Hopefully over the next few weeks I will be able to snatch an hour or two here or there to finish the builds.  I am putting in an order for the specific resin bases I want soon so will be able to get them all built and based ready for January 1st and the year of the Gremlin!

Of course, true to form, they won't be painted. 

Wow, I missed a few interesting conversations yesterday. Stupid work... Anyway, how goes all?

Reasonably well. Dealing with family stuff. Trying to decide if I want to apply for a job again. How are you? And what did you find interesting? We can discuss stuff again, you know. New perspectives and all.

I'm doing alright. Work is dumb, but it's friday, and less dumb than earlier this week. Still waiting on feedback for my writing assignment, probably going to start up assignment two this weekend. Characters this time, including an entirely in head description of self without being cliched... Should be interesting.

The Harry Potter conversation was entertaining, lol. There's so much of that magic which just gets ignored to solving plot problems...wouldn't mind it too much if the books had used other things for smart solutions, but so be it.

And the Christian one was interesting, but I don't want to revisit beyond chiming in on the fact that so many people who claim my faith *love* to ignore the "do this" in favor of "don't do that." And usually the latter has an assumed "others" attached. Gets my blood boiling... >.< Been a long year, let me tell you, lol.

Any interesting plans for the weekend?