Off Topic Playground

I did Malifaux demos for 7 people today. o.o Which was awesome, cause four of them had already bought in and hadn't played, two are planning what they want to pick up and one had never played a miniatures game before but had fun. But holy crap that was a bit overwhelming lol

• Like 4

I did Malifaux demos for 7 people today. o.o Which was awesome, cause four of them had already bought in and hadn't played, two are planning what they want to pick up and one had never played a miniatures game before but had fun. But holy crap that was a bit overwhelming lol

Great to hear!

Good morning, guys.

*random hugs to everyone in here*

Hey Vic! *hugs back*

I'm okay. Going to be a long night at work...didn't have time to get any rest, so today has been wake up, go to church, then game shop, run demos for seven people, come home and go to work, lol. But the high off having seven players in who weren't before is helping, lol. Puts us at nine people who own/are buying stuff right off the bat, which is nuts... And more than I had last time even!

Starting to think I should send a "thank you" email to GW for pissing off their player base, lol.

oh, also discovered today that Oxfordian Mages are a bastard to kill in Henchmen games. Had Ronin in combat with them, but couldn't do any meaningful damage because of Arcane Shield...

• Like 1

I have no idea. Maybe ask Aaron?

:D No, I was trying to express how pleastenly I was suprised that we are now allowed to do that, to change names of the threads we started and add taggs to them as well.

Good morning lady and gentlemen, by the way.

@edonil, just out of curiosity, which masters did you demo and which box sets did the players decided to go for?

EDIT: I mean to edit the names and tags.

Most of the stuff I demoed was Henchmen and Minions. First was Kang and Rail Workers against Hopkins and Stalkers, think a tie. Second was me referring and teaching a four player free for all with Squatter's Rights, which was epic. The above crews, Sybelle and Belles, Golem and Gamin. Was a tie between the Arcanists in the end. Hopkins and friends did the most damage but ignored the objective. Then it was Marcus vs Rasputina, Raspy win. Last one of the night was actually the first game I played, I used Taelor and Ronin against Captain and Oxfordian Mages, also a tie.

The Raspy player is going to pick her up. One player who I taught but didn't play is getting Lilith most likely, but wants to try her out next time we play Malifaux first. Marcus, Sonnia, Seamus players all own their stuff. Guy who I played last owns Ramos, but didn't bring him along. The brand new guy hasn't committed to anything just yet.

...and we played Arcane Shield completely wrong, lol. Yay for me messing up a teaching game, lol. My only consolation is that by that point I was exhausted and it was the only thing I really screwed up lol.

Well, if that is the only thing that did go wrong.... :P

Edited by PraetorDragoon