PLEASE VOTE! Bellingham Malifaux Pre-tourney Paint Contest

JMGraham

Hi all -

As part of the 2-day Malifaux tournament coming up in Bellingham, I'm holding a couple of pre-tourney painting contests. The tournament itself will be fixed-master, with players having a 50 ss pool of models they can draw from each game. Game sizes range from 25 to 45 ss. This first contest is a look at what folks have done already. In a month, we'll have a seperate "progress" contest. Winners of the contests get a special in-tournament advantage.

In judging the contest, I need some help from you. I'd like you all to take a look at the images below, and select the two that you like the most - you're welcome to use whatever criteria in judging that you like - quality, quantity, a mix of the two, random card flips, whatever. Also, I'm sure the contest entrants would appreciate any comments or feedback you might like to leave. Thanks!

Without further ado, the entrys:

VonVilkee's Neverborn

Vonvilkee.jpg

Veskit's Ressers

Veskit.jpg

Stark's Guild

stark.jpg

Mach5's Ressers

Mach5.jpg

KOgre's Arcanists

Kogre.jpg

Thanks for the votes! The poll will be left open for a week, after which the votes will be calculated and the winners will get what they deserve.

FWIW, at the beginning of the tournament, players will be given a fixed number of scheme cards they can use over the course of the tournament. Once a scheme is used for a game, it can't be used for a later game. The winner of this contest will be able to re-use one scheme (that is, use the same scheme in two different games) during the tournament.

Veskit's gets the edge because of the bamboo bases and the vivid colors. Stark's and KOgre's are nice too. Not really a fan of Rasputina from a hobby/painting perspecive though due to the washed out winter colors... which KOgre nailed but still that influences me.

Voting is closed - thanks all for your votes and Comments. the final results (tabulated from Both the Wyrd and Ordo forums were:

VonVilkee's Neverborn: 3

Veskit's Ressers: 71

Stark's Guild: 85

Mach5's Ressers: 10

Kogre's Arcanists: 9

A very close race for 1st - Congrats to Stark for winning! He'll be able to re-use one scheme during the upcoming tournament, as will our winner of the random die roll - Veskit.

Folks have got about 3 weeks left before we do this all over again, so stay tuned, and get painting!

For sure, the difference in pics made a big difference. This is true for any on-line painting contest. The quality of the photo and overall rpesentation makes a huge difference. The requirements were to present a single photo, with the large dimension no bigger than 600. Next round we're planning on two shots - 1 overall shot, one close-up.