Sonnia Criid list, gimmie your brainthoughts!

Jonas Albrecht

http://malifaux.nezumi.me.uk/crew.php?vFac=0&vSS=35&vBr=0&vM1=2&vMin=6,6,7,7,10,13,15

Sonnia, the anti-magic fire-themed master!

Samael, because he is neat, and comes in the box.

Some Guild Hounds for speed and token destruction.

Guild Guards for board control and back up

Nino, because I have him and he's awesome and its a Guild crew.

Watcher, for deck management.

At 35ss, this crew leaves me with the much needed maximum SS pool for all of my Sonnia based trickery.

I'm wondering if Witchling Stalkers will give you better board control. You can use them for targeting blasts off due to their Magical Resistance 2. The Guild Guard will just fall over in a pile of ash if you try the same on them.

The question is does cordon & Halt outweigh being able to drop 2 or 3 blasts anywhere within 2" of a Witchling Stalker with Explosive Burst.

I'm wondering if Witchling Stalkers will give you better board control. You can use them for targeting blasts off due to their Magical Resistance 2. The Guild Guard will just fall over in a pile of ash if you try the same on them.

The question is does cordon & Halt outweigh being able to drop 2 or 3 blasts anywhere within 2" of a Witchling Stalker with Explosive Burst.

It will be interesting to find out. I haven't experience with either, and my preference for the Guards may be coloring my decision.

Also, is it worth building a list for Sonnia around Hamelin, to give her access to the Primordial Magic?

It will be interesting to find out. I haven't experience with either, and my preference for the Guards may be coloring my decision.

Also, is it worth building a list for Sonnia around Hamelin, to give her access to the Primordial Magic?

nope.. If Hamelin dies you lose your totem along with him, and it has to remain in range of Hamelin at all times. It seems to risky to be worth it.

btw it's nice to see someone using the Crew Creator. Have you had a look in print preview yet? I've been doing a bit of work on it today.

Dude, I love your crew creator, and will never not use it. I am posting it wherever there are Malifaux discussions.

But to answer your questions, I did not know there was a print option!

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

I have always thought the reason to take Hamelin with Sonnia would be to get Essence of Power and not Primordial Magic. Having :+fate on Flame Burst damage flips (reduces the need to cheat castings high) and the ability to move with Link seems better than +1 Ca and an extra Control Card. The Totem can then Focus a Flame Burst or Flame Wall every round while easily staying close to Sonnia and Hamelin.

-Ropetus

Here's the last Criid list I used

Criid

Governors Proxy

Death Marshall x2

Guild Austringer

Nino the Destroyer

Abuela

8 stones

I think its 34 stones.

Interesting that you switched out her Stalkers for Marshals, I like the Stalkers better then the Marshals in most cases. Thats my personal opinion though.

We shared deliver the evidence or whichever is the one where you take a 2 action within x of the opponents master. Figured the marshals were a little more survivable. And my opponent was playing rez.

I ended up obeying a marshall to charge and the next activation I got the objective. In hindsight, since I had married the austringer, i could have (probably) done it all in one activation.

I told my opponent that I was going to obey something big of his into my GP and wipe them both. It ended up being wasted on Bette. Lame, but great form on his end. And I announced the Criid scheme along with assassinate. Didn't get the Criid scheme off. Has anyone?

It's an unusual list. You really don't want anything getting close. Bette noir ended up annoying. GP casting flame wall was handy.

Had I been vs arcanists, there would have been witchlings for certain.

• 1 month later...