Rat catchers and insidious madness pics up on frpgames.com

tadaka

It's a lot of metal... (Insidious)

It does look like it's so big it's exploding from the base.. But part of me wishes it was two smaller models. They are so delicate in game that if you want them for a combo you really need to field two to guarantee that one will survive.

So I guess I'm going to have to scratch sculpt a second one.. I think I'm up to the challenge.

The madness looks like it will be fairly easy to convert and expand upon. To me, the issue seems to be more that the sculpt looks flatter and bulkier than the concept art. The tentacles are thick, and the graceful, creepy, slender arms unfolding don't come across in the sculpt like they do in the concept art. When I saw the concept art, I thought that it would quickly become a staple for Cthulhu-gamers of all flavors. When I see the sculpt, it falls flat of that expectation. I had the same let-down reaction when I saw Lelu and the Neverborn Rider. I wonder if it's the same sculptor? If so, I don't care for the style.

Part of it may be that I don't care for the painting (which emphasizes its relative lack of detail). Part of it might be that Wyrd has spoiled me, and my expectations are way up there now.